Shockwave Rifles Etc (split from original thread)

47 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Not to derail the thread, but build specs? :D 

I was waiting on you to ask me about it lol.

psa 10.5 inch 300 blk barrel

psa 9 inch keymod rail

a2 flash hider 

spikes upper w/o forward assist 

standard charging handle 

nickel boron bcg

Ruger rapid deploy sights 

magpul moe grip and afg

shockwave brace, buffer tube and buffer

matrix aerospace lower with milspec guts,

you and dolo were huge influences on this build .

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, DT INC. said:

I was waiting on you to ask me about it lol.

psa 10.5 inch 300 blk barrel

psa 9 inch keymod rail

a2 flash hider 

spikes upper w/o forward assist 

standard charging handle 

nickel boron bcg

Ruger rapid deploy sights 

magpul moe grip and afg

shockwave brace, buffer tube and buffer

matrix aerospace lower with milspec guts,

you and dolo were huge influences on this build .

It looks sexy, man! :up: 

I'm liking the Shockwave. I might swap my Sig Brace kit for one to lighten up the gun. 

12 hours ago, JohnC said:

I'm liking the Shockwave. I might swap my Sig Brace kit for one to lighten up the gun. 

I had a chance to hold an AR pistol with a Sig Brace, and another with a Shockwave at a pawn shop once...the Shockwave felt and looked better by a mile.  If I ever build a shorty AR pistol that's what I'm putting on it.

11 minutes ago, btq96r said:

I had a chance to hold an AR pistol with a Sig Brace, and another with a Shockwave at a pawn shop once...the Shockwave felt and looked better by a mile.  If I ever build a shorty AR pistol that's what I'm putting on it.

Whatever you do don't shoulder it...   :)

2 hours ago, btq96r said:

If you are ever in my area, give me a shout and you can put some rounds threw mine with the shockwave and see how it feels to shoot with it . 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I was about to start a Shockwave brace thread, but seach turned up this great looking pistol. Looks nice!

I was thinking about getting a Shockwave brace. It seems legit with the ATF letter and all just like the Sig brace. Does the brace just attach to any pistol buffer tube?

I have a Sig brace on mine, I started with just putting it on a PSA pistol tube, it was tight but it could be used, just not sure about long term or if other pistol tubes are the same diameter.  Since then I got the Sig tube and like it much better, specially with the spacers which allow you to adjust LOP.  I got another brace for an upcoming build but got a different Sig compatible tube by Exos Defense, haven't assembled it yet but it looks like it will work just fine.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Wingshooter said:

I was about to start a Shockwave brace thread, but seach turned up this great looking pistol. Looks nice!

I was thinking about getting a Shockwave brace. It seems legit with the ATF letter and all just like the Sig brace. Does the brace just attach to any pistol buffer tube?

I have heard people say that it will work with most standard pistol buffer tubes but I opted to order the kak tube with the shockwave. I really like how secure the Allen screw locks onto the divots on this tube. I even have one on my 50 Beowulf pistol build and it is very secure.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DT INC. said:

I have heard people say that it will work with most standard pistol buffer tubes but I opted to order the kak tube with the shockwave. I really like how secure the Allen screw locks onto the divots on this tube. I even have one on my 50 Beowulf pistol build and it is very secure.

I just have a standard pistol tube. I think I'll order the brace for my 300bo. I've just been using it with a foam pad on there. I'll give this a try. Looks like it will funtion well, and I like the look. Price is good too.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my shockwave gun. Still in progress but it's firing. I have a keymod light mount in route, and it needs a front sight and BCM kag grip. It's a 11.5" mid-length cut down from 14.5" barrel by our very own@Dolomite_supafly. Sorry about the crappy picture, will take better ones once it's actually finished.

d39c3078a05435113710b6fafe9bd0a7.jpg

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, nightrunner said:

Can any of these braces be setup to have the same LOP as a fully extended m4 stock? I'm 6'5" with long arms and need it to be long. I don't have an AR pistol for this very reason. 

I put my shockwave brace on the last dimple on the buffer tube, and it has  the same lop as my ar rifles with collapseable stocks extended all the way. Hope this helps .

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, DT INC. said:

I put my shockwave brace on the last dimple on the buffer tube, and it has  the same lop as my ar rifles with collapseable stocks extended all the way. Hope this helps .

It does, very much so. Are you using a special buffer tube?

4 hours ago, nightrunner said:

It does, very much so. Are you using a special buffer tube?

It is the kak buffer tube that comes in the shockwave kit. I highly recommend it. It has several pre drilled dimples for the set screw to lock down into so it is secure and they also help with alignment to make sure the blade is straight.

It is the kak buffer tube that comes in the shockwave kit. I highly recommend it. It has several pre drilled dimples for the set screw to lock down into so it is secure and they also help with alignment to make sure the blade is straight.

Echo. I was skeptical of the set screw staying in place, but so far it has been golden.
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, KKing said:

Echo. I was skeptical of the set screw staying in place, but so far it has been golden.

I was as well. I have had really good luck so far. Even the blade on my 50 Beowulf pistol is still rock solid. 

1 hour ago, Oh Shoot said:

Except it's not a rifle. :)

- OS

I see. Went back and re-read. Thanks for pointing that out.  I guess I thought the subject got changed. :rolleyes: And that brace looks dangerously close to a stock to me. Still a nice looking gun...