My first...and last hidden tang blade....

• Authorized Vendor

I made this for family so I knew it was going to be a PITA before I ever started. As of this moment I'll probably never make another. It's 3/16" thick 1095 carbon steel with a 6" blade. The finger guard and pommel are SS and they are silver soldered to the tang. The handle is black mesquite and Chakta Viga with red and black G10 spacers.

26904150296_b518de1326_b.jpg

26843472162_9bce0848a1_b.jpg

26904139446_11f2ed34d3_b.jpg

26843462572_857aab7b7c_b.jpg

• Like 13

Wow.  You have posted up pics of many attractive knives that you have made and this one may well be the most beautiful with the most stunning workmanship yet.  PITA or not, that thing looks phenomenal. 

• Like 1
  • Authorized Vendor
4 minutes ago, I am Groot! said:

I am glad you are not making anymore, or you would have more of my money.

Great Blade.

Thanks....it was so time consuming I can't imagine what I would have to charge to make it worth my while.:P I mean it sincerely....nobody would buy it cause it's just insane how much time it takes to do something like that. I made the finger guard as well and when you do everything with files, saws and sandpaper instead of a CNC machine or water jet it's well...a labor of love.

• Like 2

Oh my goodness my friend, I get it I tried three of these and contemplated cutting my hands off so I didn't have to #### with that #### anymore. Sorry for the bad language but that's the way I felt.  I don't have the type of set up in my shop, or the patience, and you are correct you cannot charge the amount of money it takes to pull off something like this correctly. I'm still finding that with the cost of goods steel and  The cost of heat treating and other materials it's hard to have good margins to make any profit off of handmade goods especially when you do not use water jet, CNC machining,  and some pre-fabricated parts.   I preferred to do everything by hand, if you like it it'll serve you well I guarantee it, if not go buy a friggin Benchmade.  By the way my good brother you did do an excellent job with that, irs Purdy!:bow:

• Authorized Vendor
18 minutes ago, mlorr said:

Wow!  That is awesome!  Since you've got that beauty behind you I'll tempt you with an open tang dagger.  Any interest in grinding out a double edge?

I've been thinking about it. I'll probably give it a shot in the not to distant future.

Oh heck No! You are not allowed to post something like that and then tell us there will be no more. That thing is magnificent!! You may as well start coming up with a figure because I'm betting your going to be getting some pm's on that one. The fact you did it all by hand is what makes it so special. I absolutely love all my blades from you your craftsmanship is excellent!

• Authorized Vendor
4 hours ago, East_TN_Patriot said:

I just put my hands on this baby to make a sheath for it.  Let me tell you, it's a beautiful piece of work.  The fit and finish are excellent and it looks even better in person.  Well done, sir!

Thanks so much.....it gave me fits.:lol:

• Authorized Vendor
3 hours ago, Monkeyman2500 said:

Oh heck No! You are not allowed to post something like that and then tell us there will be no more. That thing is magnificent!! You may as well start coming up with a figure because I'm betting your going to be getting some pm's on that one. The fact you did it all by hand is what makes it so special. I absolutely love all my blades from you your craftsmanship is excellent!

At this point in time you don't have enough money.:lol: Maybe someday if things really slow down I may may another but not anytime soon. Thanks for the complement though.:up:

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Grand Torino said:

At this point in time you don't have enough money.:lol: Maybe someday if things really slow down I may may another but not anytime soon. Thanks for the complement though.:up:

Ha! I bet. Watching your work progress is one of my favorite things on TGO. That knife shows your reaching a new level my friend.