Tapatalk Support Has Been Resumed

• Administrator

We've had plenty of people ask about access to the forum from Tapatalk since upgrading to the new version of IPB.  We also experienced some extreme difficulty in upgrading our software recently due to what the Invision Power Board company said was a problem with the 3rd party Tapatalk software.

After carefully reviewing the log files and speaking with support again, we cannot confirm that their statement regarding Tapatalk being the culprit is accurate.

Based on that discovery, I am re-enabling Tapatalk for TGO.  You can once again access TGO from your mobile device using Tapatalk if you so desire.

I would like to point out, however, that visiting TGO from your mobile web browser and not using Tapatalk is still preferred for several reasons, but we leave the decision of which to use up to you.  These are the things we feel like you will be missing out on by using Tapatalk:

1. Tapatalk only shows you what they want you to see.  You will not have access to additional features or design elements that are part of the native IPBoard mobile access.

2. Tapatalk does not support nor show you the Trader Feedback ratings of our members.  Trader Feedback is a very important part of engaging in buy/sell/trade transactions with our members.  It is akin to the feedback ratings on services like eBay or Gunbroker where you can see positive and negative remarks left by our members for our members.

3. Tapatalk does not support our Chat feature.  This has proven to be an extremely popular way for our members to interact with each other and we have plans to do "Hosted Chats" in the future at scheduled dates and times.  You will not be able to participate in any of those things with Tapatalk.

4. Tapatalk does not support the advanced Tags and Prefixes feature that allows our members to designate a thread as being an item For Sale, For Trade, For Free, Wanted or the designation of a local geographic "Rally Point" such as Chattanooga, Memphis, Knoxville, Nashville, Tri-Cities etc.

5. Tapatalk does not support our Store feature.  You must visit the site with your web browser to buy forum swag, Benefactor memberships, etc.

6. Tapatalk will most likely not support any other additional features that we provide on the web site.  Things like photo galleries, blogs, advanced buy/sell/trade options, special downloads, etc.  Back to point #1 above, Tapatalk only shows you what Tapatalk wants you to see.

Continuation of Tapatalk support is entirely provisional.  If it presents a problem to the function or delivery of this site or our content again, it will be removed without warning. I appreciate that it is a convenience for our members and will endeavor to keep it available to you, but I cannot and will not allow it to be a defining technology for TGO.

I hope that you understand and I appreciate your patience with us.

• Like 4

After I received your message, started looking around my other forums. Some had similar issues.

While I like the convenience of Tapatalk, dropped it like a hot cake. using computer to read this forum and a few others

• Like 1
  • Moderators

I used Tapatalk on my phone prior to the forum upgrade.  Once I figured out the problem for a freeze up issue I really like the mobile version. Uninstalled Tapatalk (plus save 99 cents a month on subscription for it because I hate ads) and will not go back. 

• Like 1