Bragging father...

Her off hand form looks very good! It sounds like you have found some good coaches for her. That is so awsome!

In my rifle league before moving to TN I had the pleasure to be thoroughly beaten by 2 young ladies that went on to school at UT Knox and one is an alternate for the Olympic team.

She deserves to be bragged on by her proud dad

• Like 1

Proud doesn't even begin to describe it. She and I have always had fun shooting. Her mother accepts it, but doesn't participate much.

We did the soccer thing for several years, but she didn't enjoy it. As soon as she was eligible for this she asked to join. The idea is to help her with her concentration, patience and attention. She is amazing when she has the rifle in her hands.

There were several hundred kids at the competition Saturday. The coaches had stated several times that they expected her to place, but when I saw the sheer number of competitors, I wasn't as certain. She however was. 

She had a lot of fun.

Some of the alumni of the county team have gone on to the UK Shooting Team, which is now the Heathen's goal.

• Like 4

Kudos!! I know how proud I'd be, if I was you. My daughter was nowhere near that good at at that age, but I was proud. I wish she'd stuck to it, but she lost interest when she got in high school. Cherish it while you can and I hope for your sake she never loses interest.

Fantastic Murgatroy.  Long ago I did the full 4-H program; all 10 years.  No shooting program then but I worked the rifle range at the camp in Columbia, TN during summer camp every year.  I'm currently training to be a 4-H shooting sports coach next year.  Maybe we'll have some success with our kids and I'll get to watch her at a meet some day. 

They invited to me to volunteer and coach, but I am afraid with my work commitments I would not be able to fully commit. They have 8(?) disciplines, and each requires a weekend of training, offered twice a year. It is only $250 for each certification, but I work seven days a week, so being able to be useful would be another matter entirely. My wife is currently stepping up and filling in as the coordinator, so we at least have one member of the family volunteering.

• Like 2