What's in your pocket most often?

Mine is an old 3 blade Boker Tree Brand that belonged to my grandfather.

its been used and abused and has been worked down to where one of the blades will stick you if you are not careful when it's in your pocket.

i would like to say it's probably 50 plus years old, but I am not positive on that account.

it just kind of feels right.

• Like 5

Old Tree Brand Boker congress for about the last 10 years, right side pocket and money clip in left side pocket. The only skinning I've done with it is to cut the net wrap or strings on rolls of hay.

Edited by owejia
10 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

Don't take this the wrong way, but I find that kinda sad. 

I'm with you. I just don't share the "collector" mentality for these ProTechs.  I view them as probably the best for quality and design, but not museum pieces.  These are some of the best "work" knives a person can buy.  Now, when we start talking about ivory handled diamond encrusted one-offs, that's a different story.  Those are $1,500 and up simply for show.

I have carried every TGO knife at least a few times.  The Godfather (and Godson, whenever that happens) are the closest thing to safe queens I have, and mainly because I find the blade style impractical for my everyday uses. (And I always end up poking a few holes in myself with that pointy tip whenever I try to use it, haha!)

I love the Magic, but it just doesn't feel as robust as the TR4 or Rockeye.  If I hadn't lost my Rockeye, it might still be my EDC.  That thing fit me better than anything else I've ever held.  I keep putting it off, but someday I'll buy another.

12 hours ago, tnhawk said:

None of my TGO knives will get carried much or ever need to be sharpened.

Mine are collectors. I have plenty of great knives. I thought about carrying the Rockeye for awhile, but decided to just stick with my ZT.

12 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

Don't take this the wrong way, but I find that kinda sad. 

Put it in perspective. I have a bunch of Spydercos, ZTs, Kirchoffs, and a Sebenza 25 that I don't carry either. I have Protechs without TGO logos. Not that I don't love all of them. There ain't room in the ole pocket. Besides, the ZT0550 is a helluva knive, and hard to beat. Some would argue that it has better blade steel than the Protechs.

• Like 1

Well dang.  You all got deeper pockets than I do.  I mostly carry a Rough Rider Large Locking Trapper, or a Vicky Tinker, or maybe every once in a while a large Case Sodbuster.  As a general rule, I don't carry expensive knives, because, well, I'm cheap.  I have never spent more than $80 for a knife and that was for a custom Hargis 5" fixed blade, that I bought off the original owner. I also got the Case Sodbuster and a Camilous Switchblade Paratrooper knife (that is broken, but just needs a new switch) in the deal. As I have gotten older (and I believe wiser), I've found I don't really need that tacticool stuff and i have settled on carrying mostly slip joints, like Leroy. :)

• Like 1

I started with slip joints until I bought a EZ-Out years ago. The one hand opening and clip to keep the knife vertical in the pocket sold me. I'm not a steel snob, but I like the nicer ones. Always wanted a plain edge EZ-Out in the ATS-34 for better edge holding.

I rotate through several knives, mainly between a BM 530, Sog Mini Aegis(picked up cheap), Delica 4 FFG, and a few others. All depends on the environment.

2 hours ago, musicman said:

The Godfather (and Godson, whenever that happens) are the closest thing to safe queens I have, and mainly because I find the blade style impractical.

I hear ya. I have two Godfathers and a Godson. I can chop them in half with my ZT :)

On May 25, 2016 at 5:37 AM, Trekbike said:
6 hours ago, mikegideon said:

Put it in perspective. I have a bunch of Spydercos, ZTs, Kirchoffs, and a Sebenza 25 that I don't carry either. I have Protechs without TGO logos. Not that I don't love all of them. There ain't room in the ole pocket. Besides, the ZT0550 is a helluva knive, and hard to beat. Some would argue that it has better blade steel than the Protechs.

That's my main gripe with protech. Other high end manufacturers use better blade steel.

Edited by nightrunner
Trek bike didn't say that, but I cannot figure out how to get rid of his quote box.
1 minute ago, mikegideon said:

Benchmade is a big fan of 154CM as well. I'm not a steel snob. Just commenting 

Benchmade comes in at a lower price point as well. Benchmade is top quality, no doubt , as well as ProTech. But for as many different options as Protech offers with handles and blade finishes, the only different blade material they offer is Damascus. I consider them the best auto knife manufacturer, sure would be nice to see some premium blade steel.

2 minutes ago, nightrunner said:

Benchmade comes in at a lower price point as well. Benchmade is top quality, no doubt , as well as ProTech. But for as many different options as Protech offers with handles and blade finishes, the only different blade material they offer is Damascus. I consider them the best auto knife manufacturer, sure would be nice to see some premium blade steel.

I love Protechs. I own 5 of them, and will wind up owning more.

• 2 weeks later...