Yeager ranting about TGO

18 minutes ago, Pete123 said:

I dunno Sam, I would have to put Kanye in the one notch above Voldemort slot.  :lol:

I have to think that James Yeager would be well liked if he could learn to control his mouth.

His sycophants adore him.  Similar to Gabe Suarez.

- OS

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

His sycophants adore him.  Similar to Gabe Suarez.

- OS

Yes, they do.  I'll say this though.  I wouldn't want the be in court on a murder charge when I was defending myself and have it on record that I trained under him.

5 minutes ago, Pete123 said:

Yes, they do.  I'll say this though.  I wouldn't want the be in court on a murder charge when I was defending myself and have it on record that I trained under him.

Why? AFIK, the school has a pretty good reputation.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 1

The reason is that any training you have had may come out in court and it can help you or hurt you.  My concern about James Yeager isn't related to his training, which I'm not familiar with.  

It's more about a prosecutor talking about how my trainer lost his carry permit for talking about shooting people and any number of the other inflammatory statements he has made.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Pete123 said:

The reason is that any training you have had may come out in court and it can help you or hurt you.  My concern about James Yeager isn't related to his training, which I'm not familiar with.  

It's more about a prosecutor talking about how my trainer lost his carry permit for talking about shooting people and any number of the other inflammatory statements he has made.

Never met the guy, probably never will; but I doubt anyone trained by him or his facility has anything to worry about in or out of court.  If your training could be held against you, I and many of my fellow Veterans would be in trouble.  My very first combat training always started with a shout of "Kill, Kill, Kill Without Mercy!", and got more aggressive after that.

• Like 1

It can definitely make a difference in court.  Keep in mind that soldiers in combat have a different set of rules.  The training I received from Tom Givens as well as a day long course from a defense attorney that only focuses on deadly force self defense cases both made this point.  The attorney is Andrew Branca.

This same info is also available with a Google search.

Edited by Pete123
less confrontational, more informative

I guess I'll just stop posting, or add a disclaimer:

This post is my opinion and should not be taken as legal advise, I am neither a lawyer nor did I sleep in a holiday inn express last night.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Pete123 said:

7 hours ago, Pete123 said:

Omega, your doubt about training being an important is incorrect.  You and I had issues around this subject a few months ago. Both then and in your comment above you make statements about a topic where you are completely mis-informed.

I certainly have no issue with you sticking to your position, though I do have issue with you teaching others on this forum information that can cost them dearly. 

What got you to trial where a Prosecutor would have the opportunity to ask you about your training?

As far as giving information on the forum people need to get the facts as best we know them. Just like the ammo issue, where you got your training is a non-issue in a justified self-defense shooting. There is plenty to be concerned with, without making up stuff that doesn’t matter.

My response to Omega was confrontational rather than informative - sorry about that Omega.  I've edited my post with my sources of info as well as sharing how people can find this info themselves.

Edited by Pete123
2 hours ago, Pete123 said:

My response to Omega was confrontational rather than informative - sorry about that Omega.  I've edited my post with my sources of info as well as sharing how people can find this info themselves.

No issue here, I did not retain the fact that we had had this discussion in the past, otherwise I may not of even posted a response.  I am definitely not what we can call a Subject Matter Expert (SME), and have no working knowledge of what a sleazy prosecutor (there are some) would use to make his case. 

10 hours ago, Pete123 said:

It can definitely make a difference in court.  Keep in mind that soldiers in combat have a different set of rules.  The training I received from Tom Givens as well as a day long course from a defense attorney that only focuses on deadly force self defense cases both made this point.  The attorney is Andrew Branca.

Looking more into it, you may be right as so far as them trying (and succeeding) to use mundane information about you, your life experience and training against you.  This link is a good article about such cases, but my take away from this article is that the defendants had bad lawyers:  Article - Training Against you in an SD case

But even so, the conduct of your instructor should play no part in a case against you.  As for soldiers, not arguing about the combat part, not entire true but not part of the argument.  I was speaking of our military training when it come to a case of self defense; if a prosecutor can bring up my training I am in a world of hurt.  Most of my training (non MOS related) involves the quick and effective way to dispatch other combatants, with firearms, knives and hand-to-hand .  But I was also trained in non-lethal technics in case I am a POW or prisoner of a hostile government, for which you can be tried for murder if you dispatch a guard. I guess my point is that instead of worrying what a prosecutor would do, you need to focus on making sure it's a good shoot first, then worry about what they can use against you.  I can hear the prosecutor now, "so, why did you choose to put two rounds in the victims chest  and one in his head instead of disarming him?"  It's a shame when some of these cases get to this point, but most of the ones mentioned in the article, and others like it, have extenuating circumstances surrounding the shooting in the first place.

Oooook....well I don't hate little jimmy, heck, he may possess mad skillz yo BUT if the only contribution he could make on TGO was to push his own forum then righteous ban, good shoot, etc. etc. etc. Actually, I've never even questioned his skills, only his ability to think rationally.

1 hour ago, Mindless-Focus said:

Met him this weekend as well. I can see him being brash after a 10 min conversation. I'll leave it at that. 

I don't mind him being a little brash. We ain't in knitting class. :)

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 2

I looked in to his school as well as others. In the end I decided not to associate myself with someone that chooses to (in my opinion) act like a jack ass. If I'm spending my hard earned $$ for training I want the instructor to publicly reflect my values and behavior. I'm taking the class to improve my competency, not for bragging rights. Many of his videos etc have good information in them. A few of those videos have pushed the limit too far for my personal comfort. THis has caused me to spend my money elsewhere. 

15 hours ago, Pete123 said:

Speaking of someone else that suffered the TGO ban hammer. I kinda like Andrew too, especially him being a yankee and all.