Car Audio Question

One of the 6x8 door speakers in my '02 F-150 went out, so I need to replace the two front door speakers. There are so many options. I want good sound, but don't want to buy too much speaker for the factory AM/FM/CD head unit. I'm hoping to spend roughly $100 or less on the pair. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Anything from a name brand will be fine. You aren't pushing massive power to them so you will be alright. Typically you don't want to push too much power to the speakers, not too much speaker for the power. If we were talking subs it would be different. The higher the sensitivity, the better the handle the power offered, the louder they seem.

I like Infinity, but without massive power and subs, you don't get a full spectrum of sound. Polk has a good reputation of offering competitive products at a good price.

6x8 is an uncommon Ford/Mazda only size, 5x7s will normally fit. If you can find a plate that will permit round speaker installation of 5.25" speakers you might be happier with the sound reproduction.

• Like 1

I went with the Infinity Reference X REF-8602cfx from Crutchfield. At 71.99 shipped, the were within my budget. They also tossed in the wiring harness/adapter that's specific to my truck, which are about $12-$15 at most online retailers. 

As long as they sound at least as good as my factory speakers, I'll be satisfied.

2 hours ago, TripleDigitRide said:

I went with the Infinity Reference X REF-8602cfx from Crutchfield. At 71.99 shipped, the were within my budget. They also tossed in the wiring harness/adapter that's specific to my truck, which are about $12-$15 at most online retailers. 

As long as they sound at least as good as my factory speakers, I'll be satisfied.

It's hard to get something worse than a factory speaker.... You may actually have to work at that lol

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^^^^^^

The clear plastic liner out of a cereal box stretched over a magnet is about what factory speakers are, unless they are the high end upgrade from the factory.  The speakers you bought should sound better than what you had.