Pete123

Wanted: Wall Mount Rifle Rack

Thanks ggwilde!  I saw that Amazon had them and they seem expensive for the quality.  I'm hoping that someone may have one or two to part with, though I may wind up hitting Amazon back.

Jeb,  Here is one from Amazon that is vertical.  More functional the sharp looking:

http://www.amazon.com/GunClub-Mount-Anywhere-Shotgun-Rifle/dp/B00EEIXPJM/ref=sr_1_34?ie=UTF8&qid=1465178399&sr=8-34-spons&keywords=vertical+wall+gun+rack&psc=1

Found another that looks better

http://www.amazon.com/Evans-Sports-Standing-Rifle-Rack/dp/B00WNCM3FI/ref=pd_sim_sbs_200_5?ie=UTF8&dpID=41Z%2BSh5-zSL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR106%2C160_&refRID=10N8K26AA7JCW4WMBEM8

Edited by Pete123

Thanks, I have done search before and came up empty, not sure what words I was searching with but obviously not wooden gun rack. LIke Pete123, a cheaper solution would be nice but may have to order online. Use to see them at garage sales and such all the time.

@Pete123  I'm assuming this is to put up a home display of the guns of yore restorations you've been doing?

Unless someone has one they're willing to part with, you'll probably have to hit up an internet site.  The only other option I could think of is finding a woodworker that can build one if you give him the details of what you're looking for, but a custom job would probably bust your desire for cost controls. 

Here's another Amazon on that is similar to what gg linked, just in a different color, so you can decide which goes better with the overall aesthetic of your place.

http://www.amazon.com/Evans-Sports-Gun-Wooden-Rack/dp/B01CMLZXHY/ref=pd_sbs_60_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=41WrEfquHiL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=18EBFZW233X3JD1F62VF

I made one in High School, wish I still had it. 

Another option is to use pegs. I'm having trouble with loading a pic but I made some out of branches, drilled a hole and use a nail. The cost was outstanding and they look decent inmo

image.jpg

Edited by Ugly

Yea I made a single horizontal rack in HS shop to. I still have mine down in my shop. I need to hang it up and find something interesting to display on it. 

I have used a variation of your pegs (really like that look) for my true wall hanging gun art, I used square cut nails and then slide a clear plastic piece of tubing over the nail to protect the gun. My wife actually approved 3 in our living room/Kitchen great room.

Cut nails would look better, fer sure. I didn't have any long enough but will add them to the list, thanks!

We decorated a room western style and these worked out better than anything I could find. 

I'm in the woods and keep something handy by the doors. I've got a pellet gun and .22 standing by both front and back. 

It is difficult to find quality products at a good price in this great land these days. Making your own is the way to go if you can.  If I had a lathe or lots of time on my hand to carve out some fancy pegs, I would've gone that route. Our place is rustic so these work fine.

8 minutes ago, 03clyde said:

Couple of nails into the wall as seen above in a previous post.  Cover the nails with a couple empty shotgun hulls.

That is a great idea!

I've got a old one in the garage with a draw,not sure what I did with the key though. I put a picture in the test zone Pete. It's just laying in the garage, we can work something out. 

Edited by Esko 270