Ford vs. GM trucks

Sam1

Interesting. I work my truck hard and that would be a problem for me. Realistically many 1/2 ton trucks are used more like cars now and many won't see these problems but they will get the advantage of the light weight.

It all depends on your use...

• Like 5
8 hours ago, NextExit said:

Soon the Dodge owners will chime in...  :P

Showing the Ford and Chevy tied together getting drug around a walmart parking lot by one Dodge lol.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Sidecarist said:

Interesting. I work my truck hard and that would be a problem for me. Realistically many 1/2 ton trucks are used more like cars now and many won't see these problems but they will get the advantage of the light weight.

It all depends on your use...

Pretty much sums it up for me as well. I've owned GM and Ford trucks and recently bought an F-150 Supercrew. I use a truck to haul people and tow stuff and tend to protect its bed. A good bed liner  http://www.weathertech.com/techliner-bed-tailgate-protection/ would eliminate worriers on either truck.

• Like 2

I'd rather have the Chevy as the Ford.  All the Chevy's I have owned over the years have been very easy to resell and get my money back. Take the Chevy, sell it, buy a Toyota and be happy with a GOOD truck.  

• Like 3

My everyday truck is a Chevy.  But I got two fords on the farm.  A 03 f150 and a 95 f450 flatbed.  The f450 is a real truck.  The abs went out on the 150 and it took five weeks to get the part from the dealer.  I would sale the 150, but it only got 46k miles and it seves a propose when I need it.  Last year I sold a  f250 & f350.  Just got tired of working on them.  Ford 6.0 diesel is junk.  They should stayed with the 7.3.  So no matter the brand they all got problems.  

• Like 1
Do trucks even come without bed liners anymore?  I mean, what do you expect if you drop a bunch of blocks from 6 feet?

Did you not see the tool box test? I've had something similar happen myself. I expect to not have a hole in my bed floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a Chevy guy, I'll admit, but I have always thought using aluminum was a bad idea on a WORK vehicle. On a car, no problem, heck a lot of manufacturers use either some form of polyurethane or some even use carbon fiber.  This is one reason that I despise Ford right now, trying to push lesser product on us, between the aluminum and the Ecoboost and getting away from v8s period, I'm starting to see them like a Taurus (gun company), just coming up with ideas and flinging crap at the wall to see what the buying public will tolerate.

2 hours ago, MacGyver said:

Do trucks even come without bed liners anymore?  I mean, what do you expect if you drop a bunch of blocks from 6 feet?

yeah as KKing said, the empty toolbox punch a hole right in it from bed level.

1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

I have driven Chevy’s all my life. But I don’t give the Ford guys a hard time anymore, it could be worse;they could be driving rice. :stir:

I don't give the "foreign" manufacturers a hard time anymore. Nissan is using a Cummins diesel and Aisin transmission, Toyota is largely made/assembled in the US.

Id drive a Nissan over a Ford any day.

• Like 1

Driving rice.  :bored:

Like any of the big three are anything to be proud of.  As Nightrunner said, Nissan and Toyota are made here.  Hell, half the parts to the precious american companies are foreign made so what's the difference?  Ohh, other than resale value.  Typically Nissan and Toyota have a MUCH higher resale value.  

Edit.  Just found a Chevrolet I would actually drive!

Granted it's a car not a truck, but....

toyota-chevy-1.jpg

toyota-chevy-3.jpg

Chevy Belair with a 358CI Toyota Nascar engine.  That is badazz!

Edited by Caster
  • Like 1
On June 9, 2016 at 3:52 PM, frankmako said:

My everyday truck is a Chevy.  But I got two fords on the farm.  A 03 f150 and a 95 f450 flatbed.  The f450 is a real truck.  The abs went out on the 150 and it took five weeks to get the part from the dealer.  I would sale the 150, but it only got 46k miles and it seves a propose when I need it.  Last year I sold a  f250 & f350.  Just got tired of working on them.  Ford 6.0 diesel is junk.  They should stayed with the 7.3.  So no matter the brand they all got problems.  

Really, junk....beg to differ....I have a F-250 2003 Lariat FX4 6.0 (one of the first 40,000 made) with 244,000 trouble free miles (Number 8 injector and A/C compressor) that pulled 13,000 lbs daily for about 195 thousand  of those miles. Running strong every day. 2004 F-350 flat bed dully, 6.0 on the farm with 145,000 dirty farm miles that also pulls 30 foot stock trailer.  You got drive a 6.0, not baby it like a Chevy 

• Like 1
On June 9, 2016 at 8:10 PM, nightrunner said:

I don't give the "foreign" manufacturers a hard time anymore. Nissan is using a Cummins diesel and Aisin transmission, Toyota is largely made/assembled in the US.

Id drive a Nissan over a Ford any day.

You sure bout that?

image.png

been driving Ford trucks since 94.  Current truck is a 14 F 150.  If I had  not bought that 14 I'd have gone Dodge probably. 

I do not like the current generation of Fords.  I had some issues with the 14 and the dealer gave a 15 as a loaner.  Probably to try to hook me to do a trade.  I hated it.  

This truck is my dream ride.  No way I would trade down.

IMG_20150308_153424_072.jpg