battleop

Chattanooga - Lupi's Pizza

I pulled up to let my wife and son go in next door to get doughnuts next door and saw the gun buster in Lupi's door. 

Which Lupi's?  They make the best pizza in town!  And have gluten free crust for my GF.  I have not noticed the signs. 

Taste in food is "in the eye of the beholder" like everything else. Their food is just OK in my opinion with the salad being best thing on the menu. (Yes, I eat a lot of rabbit food, but I've lost 55 pounds in the past year and a half...:taunt:...LOL) If that's true I'll not patronize them again. But then, I live less than a mile from one and have only been there 3 or 4 times and that was with someone else choosing. The last time I was there was about a year ago. Its not like I'll miss them. The mentality that a sign banning firearms will make anyone safe is just beyond my understanding. If signs are so powerful, maybe they just need to put "NO MUGGING" signs up around Central Park maybe? :shrug:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Colt4530 said:

Which Lupi's?  They make the best pizza in town!  And have gluten free crust for my GF.  I have not noticed the signs. 

Must be talking about the one on Jenkins Road, just off of East Brainerd Road. That's the only on I know of with a Doughnut shop next door. If that's the case, guess I'll have to find another place to get my calzone's.

I have never eaten at the one on Jenkins Rd.  I have eaten several times at the one on Hixson Pike.  The pizza is really good, and I have never noticed any signs.  To be honest though, I never really look at posted signs anyway, so I would easily miss them.  :)

On June 13, 2016 at 4:00 PM, jbrownch said:

Must be talking about the one on Jenkins Road, just off of East Brainerd Road. That's the only on I know of with a Doughnut shop next door. If that's the case, guess I'll have to find another place to get my calzone's.

That's the one.  I didn't know there were others.   I'm not big on pizza so it's not a place I would likely go pro or anti gun.

I cc'd in their downtown location (Broad st., near Sticky Fingers) a few weeks ago...didn't see a sign.

Love their calzone, haven't had their pizza. 

I believe the one downtown and the one on HIxson Pike have had their signs removed. I do know Jenkins Road has a sign and I believe the one in Ooltewah does also. In all seriousness, don't waist your time because the pizza is not all that great and the service is lacking. I believe they sell more beer than actual pizza. I can name dozens of better pizza serving establishments. 

Edited by Patton

On 6/11/2016 at 9:56 AM, battleop said:

I pulled up to let my wife and son go in next door to get doughnuts next door and saw the gun buster in Lupi's door. 

One of only a handful of places in all of Cleveland TN that are posted.  Their Pizza is ok not the best or worst I have ever had but I haven't been back their since that first few weeks when we moved into the area and haven't been back.

One of only a handful of places in all of Cleveland TN that are posted.  Their Pizza is ok not the best or worst I have ever had but I haven't been back their since that first few weeks when we moved into the area and haven't been back.

Lupis seems to be very anti-gun for some reason. I distinctly remember reading some form they had lying on a table about guns being an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I drove through the Chattanooga Riverpark just below Chatt State yesterday to look at their bicycle trails and saw their sign going in. It states the usual, then states "individuals with permits are also prohibited from possessing firearms on this property." 

Edited by Randall53

2 hours ago, Randall53 said:

I drove through the Chattanooga Riverpark just below Chatt State yesterday to look at their bicycle trails and saw their sign going in. It states the usual, then states "individuals with permits are also prohibited from possessing firearms on this property." 

Signs were not required to be taken down when the law changed. Of course, this may be another of the ones that a city/county claims "ain't really a park", dunno.

- OS

• Like 2

Thanks OS. I just looked at the Google Maps image from 2011 and the same sign was there then also. The most current Google map image is from 2014, but it's the same exact wording now as it was then so it's been that way since 2011 anyways.

Tn concealed carry laws are a mess. Need to go check out NH or Vt for laws that are easier to understand and follow. Or better yet, constitutional carry. Anti gunners can ask you to leave their property but you can't be arrested if you leave when asked.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2016 at 11:50 AM, conn_air7 said:

Lupis seems to be very anti-gun for some reason. I distinctly remember reading some form they had lying on a table about guns being an issue.

Because Lupi's historically has been owned by and staffed by tree hugging hippies ...and tree hugging hippies are generally by political association and due to their child like worldview very anti gun.

I actually like their pizza and salad and I ate there quite a bit in the 90s when I lived down town. But like many "boutique food" places like that, the college age kids who tend to work there are on the liberal end of the spectrum. Back during that time I worked the door at the Sandbar and I knew a lot of people that worked in food and entertainment businesses down town. That is not a "conservative" industry at all. Gun owning Constitutionalists are not exactly lining up to work in pizza restaurants (or bars for that matter) and most people of the age group that work in those places are at the very least fashionably liberal if not "true believers" in the liberal cause.  

• Like 1

Because Lupi's historically has been owned by and staffed by tree hugging hippies ...and tree hugging hippies are generally by political association and due to their child like worldview very anti gun.
I actually like their pizza and salad and I ate there quite a bit in the 90s when I lived down town. But like many "boutique food" places like that, the college age kids who tend to work there are on the liberal end of the spectrum. Back during that time I worked the door at the Sandbar and I knew a lot of people that worked in food and entertainment businesses down town. That is not a "conservative" industry at all. Gun owning Constitutionalists are not exactly lining up to work in pizza restaurants (or bars for that matter) and most people of the age group that work in those places are at the very least fashionably liberal if not "true believers" in the liberal cause.  

I certainly see where you are coming from. It does in fact seem that the majority of their employees are more engaged in the "hippie" lifestyle. However, I will say that I still eat Lupi's pizza about once a week. Our family usually gets the pizza as takeout, so carrying inside their establishment has never really been an issue for me. I choose to support a local business regardless of their policies at their own establishment. I know many people on this forum would choose to take their business else where, but I personally do not take things to that extreme. I also know that a lot of people would choose to go the route of "concealed means concealed." In other words, what they don't know can't hurt them.

I try to respect everyone's opinion, regardless of how absurd some people's logic may seem to me. Everyone is raised differently and therefore their views will reflect that. On top of all that, it's hard to turn down a good pizza.

• Like 1

I was not trying to convince anyone one way or the other as to whether to eat there or not. In fact I still pick up pizza to go there (Ooltewah)  once in a blue moon on the way home. If people are trying to eat only at pro gun establishments that is going to drastically limit your options... I was merely explaining why they might "seem to be very anti gun for some reason." 

Edited by Cruel Hand Luke
  • Like 1

I was not trying to convince anyone one way or the other as to whether to eat there or not. In fact I still pick up pizza to go there (Ooltewah)  once in a blue moon on the way home. If people are trying to eat only at pro gun establishments that is going to drastically limit your options... I was merely explaining why they might "seem to be very anti gun for some reason." 

I understand, my friend. I just kinda went on a rant [emoji58]

The way I figure,  if they can go out of their way to post a sign, I can go out of my way to patronize another establishment.  It's not like the County Clerks office, there is another choice.  I won't call for a boycott or anything, and rarely tell them anything but why let them have their cake?

"If people are trying to eat only at pro gun establishments that is going to drastically limit your options.."

Not really.   For every place that has a gun buster sign there are a half dozen or more that offer a competing product.  I'm sure I can think of a dozen other places to buy pizza that do not have a gun buster sign in the window.   So if I were to want pizza it would be their loss and not mine.