Block users?

34 minutes ago, BigK said:

Does the new forum software have a way to block user posts that we find offensive?

Can't block individual posts, just all posts from a user.

Click your user name at top of forum: "ignored users"

- OS

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

Can't block individual posts, just all posts from a user.

Click your user name at top of forum: "ignored users"

- OS

Sorry, I didn't mean block posts, I meant block a user. Thanks for the directions.

12 minutes ago, SWJewellTN said:

I've blocked a couple of members in the past. Some people just have no social value to me at all. The forum later banned them so my instincts must have been accurate.

I reckon I'm not one of them yet. You are harder to piss off than most :-)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mikegideon said:

I reckon I'm not one of them yet. You are harder to piss off than most :-)

Nope, you're certainly not. You have social value to me! :)

For the record it was that Ralph guy, (I think that was his name), that seemed to just be a liberal troll and American Working Mule.

32 minutes ago, SWJewellTN said:

Nope, you're certainly not. You have social value to me! :)

For the record it was that Ralph guy, (I think that was his name), that seemed to just be a liberal troll and American Working Mule.

You could have just shook him like a rag doll. He probably needed it anyway.

I've never used the software to ignore anyone on here or any other forum I frequent. I just finally hit my limit with one person and would rather pretend I don't know they exist.

For the rest of you, including everyone who replied here...I like reading what you have to say, even when I don't agree.:D

2 hours ago, SWJewellTN said:

I've blocked a couple of members in the past. Some people just have no social value to me at all. The forum later banned them so my instincts must have been accurate.

Funny you mention that, I've seen a ton of people get banned for FAR FAR less than what I blocked someone for.

2 hours ago, SWJewellTN said:

That's funny, I've come to the same conclusion about the "instincts". I haven't blocked anyone though. I've spent years being molded by the comments section or online interaction. I'm proud to say I'm fairly troll proof.

• Like 1

Remember....

This is what the great philosopher Aristotle had ta say about this sort of thing:

"...It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it..."...

I will say, however, that there are a few folks out there that ain't necessarily puttin forth thoughts... Some of it is propaganda, some incendiary rhetoric (...which i tend to like and grade accordingly...)..., and some is just stupidity... Thankfully, there ain't that much of it here... We may disagree from time to time, but, by and large, it is a semi-sensible disagreement...

gradin leroy... An admirer of rhetoric and debate...

• Like 1
On 6/14/2016 at 5:20 PM, BigK said:

Funny you mention that, I've seen a ton of people get banned for FAR FAR less than what I blocked someone for.

Is someone going full 'tard? I musta missed that.

Was it OS talking about spending money with CTD?

Was it Pete's kermit dick pic?

Was it TGO David telling us to embrace the gays?

I know, I know, it was btq96r. He just keeps reading and applying a sense of logic forged by an ideology slightly different than the norm. We can't allow that.

Was it me being a yankee smart ass? :eek:

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, TrickyNicky said:

Is someone going full 'tard? I musta missed that.

Was it OS talking about spending money with CTD?

Was it Pete's kermit dick pic?

Was it TGO David telling us to embrace the gays?

I know, I know, it was btq96r. He just keeps reading and applying a sense of logic forged by an ideology slightly different than the norm. We can't allow that.

Was it me being a yankee smart ass? :eek:

for the record:

I love reading what one TGO'er recently been dubbed " worn out, rusty and twisted Leftist logic" from OS.

I can do without green frog genitalia, but I'm not overly offended by it.

I respect the rights of all people, including "the gays", but I can't embrace them. I can only respect them as fellow Americans.

I accept that btq96r just ain't like the rest of us sometimes...bless his heart...and can live with that

Therefore...

It was totally you, LOL

• Like 2