Ok Sig

TNMP40

I think the sore spot with all firearm warranties is the $55  no other option one way shipping fee.

A few weeks to fix, I'm ok with that as long as it comes back fixed.

You would think a brand name like Sig would send you a shipping label, at least for the first owner

• Like 2

If it is not a time proven product by Sig I tend to stay away. Every 239, 229, 220, and 226 I have ever owned or been issued has been wonderful and failure free. I keep hearing those alarming reports of the 320 not being able to handle 2-3k rounds without requiring parts being replaced. One of my friends who is a diehard sig and sig 238 fan couldn't wait to unload his 938. I wouldn't necessarily let this experience with the 938 be my only try with a sig.

I have a Sig P320 previously owned a P938. The P938 was just too small for my med./Lg. hands so I sold it after firing nearly 800 rounds. The only time I had a failure was with 115 grain ammo. I quickly changed to 124 gr. Speer or Federal and never had the issue re-occur. Any interaction I have had with Sig CS has been positive. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

• Like 1

Interesting. I've had a Shield and got rid of it because it didn't shoot well with me: however, I do have huge hands. I had a M&P 9c that was the biggest POS semi-automatic that I've ever owned. For their part, S&W sent me a new mag release assembly without questions and free of charge, but the gun still retained the problem of releasing the mag while in the holster. Not a good trait in a SD handgun. I know own several P320's in 9mm, .40, and .357 Sig which have performed flawlessly. But it sounds to me like they were trying to save you $55; not pass the buck. But I realize that I'm only getting one side of the story too. :shrug: 

I doubt a gunsmith would fix his gun for free. :/

The one time I needed Smith to replace a firing pin on an 18 year old revolver I got 2nd (or 3rd, or 4th, or 5th, or...) hand they paid shipping both ways and I had it back in under two weeks.

I called in a couple months ago because my first M&P (now almost 5 years old with thousands of rounds through it) had a recoil spring that was getting tired, and it wasn't always chambering the first round when dropping the slide on a fresh mag.  While talking to the rep I told him about the other M&Ps I had, etc.  I ended up getting 4 recoil springs and 2 mags springs sent to me for free.  Very happy with every interaction with them.

Sorry you've experienced differently with Sig.  Have you tried just calling back and talking to a different rep?

Edited by musicman
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, musicman said:

I doubt a gunsmith would fix his gun for free. :/

The one time I needed Smith to replace a firing pin on an 18 year old revolver I got 2nd (or 3rd, or 4th, or 5th, or...) hand they paid shipping both ways and I had it back in under two weeks.

I called in a couple months ago because my first M&P (now almost 5 years old with thousands of rounds through it) had a recoil spring that was getting tired, and it wasn't always chambering the first round when dropping the slide on a fresh mag.  While talking to the rep I told him about the other M&Ps I had, etc.  I ended up getting 4 recoil springs and 2 mags springs sent to me for free.  Very happy with every interaction with them.

Sorry you've experienced differently with Sig.  Have you tried just calling back and talking to a different rep?

I didn't say free, but I'd guess a GS wouldn't charge $55.

Call 'em back. A different CS rep may have a totally different attitude. If not, ask to speak to a supervisor. If they're still unco-operative, raise 14 kinds of hell with them. 

They have to hear the wheel squeaking before they'll grease it. 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Call 'em back. A different CS rep may have a totally different attitude. If not, ask to speak to a supervisor. If they're still unco-operative, raise 14 kinds of hell with them. 

This is true of many companies. I would call them back and ask to speak to a manager.

54 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

46 minutes ago, SWJewellTN said:

This is true of many companies. I would call them back and ask to speak to a manager.

I'd pretty much present my case that I had a defective product I wanted warranty repair service done on and I expected them to send me a pre-paid shipping label. This can be done via e-mail and isn't a big deal. It would then be on you to properly package the firearm and take it to the shipping location. If you fail to receive satisfaction ask to speak with a supervisor. Should the supervisor fail to be accommodating to this simple request I'd advise said supervisor its become a topic of interest in a regional gun forum. Even better if its posted in some other forums.

• Like 1

The wife has a 938 that has been flawless. She loves the thing, I like it, but like others my hands are to big for it. I would be pissed too if they gave me the run

around like that. You would think with how much the 938 costs they would have some cushion in the profits to send you a prepaid shipping label?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Patton said:

If it is not a time proven product by Sig I tend to stay away. Every 239, 229, 220, and 226 I have ever owned or been issued has been wonderful and failure free. I keep hearing those alarming reports of the 320 not being able to handle 2-3k rounds without requiring parts being replaced. One of my friends who is a diehard sig and sig 238 fan couldn't wait to unload his 938. I wouldn't necessarily let this experience with the 938 be my only try with a sig.

I totally agree with this.  Their tried and true guns are hard to beat.  I've come to realize that they are now willing to put their name on a piece of crap and will do so in short order.

Sadly I have fallen out of love with Sig myself. I just don't think the quality control has been up to snuff for a few years now.I gradually sold off all of mine because there were so many better choices, for less money, for my needs. Sad but true for me......... 

• Like 1
Guest BCR#1

All my Sig's except my 229 say made in W. Germany on the slide, P6, 225, 226, 228 and 220. I could care less about the new ones. Old school only for me.

Bill

The earlier models of P938 had issues with FTF and FTE.  Newer ones do not.  They did something to correct it.  Mine is an older model.  I did not have any

issues early on so I thought I was good to go.  I do not shoot this gun all the time but a few month ago I started taking it to the range to compare it to my 

S&W Shield.  That is when I started having issues.  I have a lot of money invested in this Sig because I added a CT laser.  People make a choice where they spend there money and Sig should understand that.  They will not keep customers without top notch customer service.

It it makes you feel any better, my Gen 2 Sig 716 had FTF FTE issues, it scratched and dented brass, if I fired left handed, it would throw the brass perfectly in to the right side of my face and I had to use the forward assist so much, it bent causing the BCG to get stuck half way back.

Finally gave up after the forward assist bent, called Sig and got an RMA. Took about 2 weeks to get the rifle back.

They replaced the following:

93c3d0c0d7aa69f0492bd10df2f28b08.jpg

Hoping I have time to test fire it this weekend.

38a31c681e69eeb366647a1eb5434195.jpg

The rifle^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Polished up the feed ramp real good (it was dirty) and went to the range today.  The first few mags I had some of the same issues and then they went away.  Ran a good 80 rounds through and no issues on the last 60 or so.  I think I will continue to carry my Shield for a while and test the Sig out one more time.