Ok Sig

TNMP40

On June 14, 2016 at 9:13 AM, TNMP40 said:

So I have a P938 which started to have sever FTF issues.  I have read that some other owners have had this problem and I have two friend with the same 

issue.  I call Sig customer service.  They tell me to try replacing the mag springs.  I ask them if they will send me the springs.  NO... we don't sell mag parts.

I bring up the subject about similar issues with the P938.  He admitted that they did have some issues.  I asked him what they did to resolve the problem?

They polished the feed ramp.  So I asked don't you have a lifetime warrantee on your guns.  Yes he say but it will cost you $55 to ship the gun and it will take

weeks to make repairs.  He suggests I go to a gunsmith first.  What a bunch of crap from Sig.  I own several Sig's but will never spend a dime with them again.

Do you remember the guy's name? There is one guy in particular at Sig's customer service who is absolutely dreadful. 

I had the same problem with a 938. I'd have rounds repeatedly get stuck in the chamber and no amount of troubleshooting was able to fix the issue. Wish I had kept my 238, I had nothing but perfect reliability out of that one. 

If you bought it new did it come from Davidson distributors? Many LGS use Davidson's and the have an exchange warranty on their guns regardless of the brand.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Dane said:

If you bought it new did it come from Davidson distributors? Many LGS use Davidson's and the have an exchange warranty on their guns regardless of the brand.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Curious... what exactly would Davidson do?  Give you your money back? I doubt it.  Repair it?  Tell you to contact Sig?

Dovetailing on reewik, you have to be well educated about Sig firearms to be a happy customer.  They make some of the best guns in the world and then put their name on some clunkers.  

I've never understood premium brands putting their name on low quality products.  

FWIW....I've had great luck with my Sigs. Several 1911s, 226, 229, and a couple 220s. Only had 1 Sig Polymer gun ever, and it was a SigPro in 40 back in the early 2000's. It was perfect.

People and products change. That's a hard fact. Not always for the better. But don't give up on the 938. Keep talking with CS till you get a responsive person.

As far as the Shield, I love them. Only thing I've noticed is that right out of the box, mine had several FTF and FTE issues with 115 grain rounds. It was suggested I use some 124 for a breakin period. That cured my problems with them. I found I liked the 124 more than the 115 and have continued to use them.

• Like 1

If you hate them so bad I'll give you .30 cents on the dollar and take'm all.  Driving a Sig, is like driving a Ford 6.0.  You can not baby it so drive it like ya stole it, so shoot it like ya stole it.

I had a brand new 232 that could not make it thru a magazine without a FTF or stovepipe. I tried a few boxes of various ammo brands and it didn't make any difference.  My first and last Sig.  Nice looking pistol though. I don't have much patience for pistols that aren't reliable.  I had a used bersa 380 that never had a hiccup. 

On 6/21/2016 at 10:00 PM, ohell said:

We sold every one in the house. Not supporting condescending pricks. Doesn't matter if I like the product, never again. 

I totally agree with your take on this.  Why pay someone to treat you badly?

Sig makes some very good products, some crap and customer service sucks.

With me, they have gone from a company where I would pay a premium for anything they have on the market to where I avoid them unless it is a product where they are hands down the best with years of history behind it.

I have several Sigs--229 .40, 224 .40, 220 10mm, 238, AR-15.  I cannot comment on their customer service because I have never had a single jam with any of them (except for the occasional stovepipe--which I put on me limp wristing it).  I would probably be pissed if they gave me any lip about returning a defective one, though.

I bought my wife a older p938 off gunbroker.  The pistol ran fine but started having issues of light primer strikes. I called sig and their Rep was very helpful. He did explain they will only pay for shipping with pistols 1 year from the date of purchase. Sent the pistol in and they replaced the firing pin and cleaned the gritty trigger. I had it back in less than 2 weeks. sounds like you talked to someone who did not care. Try another call.

im a sig whore and fanboy. rifles and pistols,their cs is usually pretty good. you may have got stuck w a bad csr. if they're suggesting polishing the ramp, id do it anyhow. its not that expensive to have done locally. i get your concern, but, did you do all the usual stuff? clean/ lube weapon, clean mags? change ammo??try diff ammo??
any prob ive had w sig was resolved quickly. w out excessive cost, call back and get a diff csr to help resolve your problem.. hope this helps...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, its either this or smoke signals!

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 6:38 PM, tnhawk said:

My P938 has been flawless or I wouldn't carry it.  If a gun can't be depended on it is useless.

Mine has been very good as well.  There is an issue with the two piece guide rod I heard about yesterday, but mine seems OK.

• Like 1

Checked my guide rod and it appears to be one piece.  Date of purchase was 11/13/2012.  I did not have issues when I first received the gun. Going to the range again may be today and will put some more rounds through it.  

I don't send back many guns for repair.  I think in the last 15 years, I've sent back maybe 4.  

I did have a pretty bad case of trigger slap on my P320, so I sent it back to see what they'd do.   They sent me a prepaid label.   I let them sit on it for a couple months then called them to ask where it was.  They said it'd be out within a week and I get the feeling they got off the phone, pulled mine off the pile, fixed it, and sent it back.

They did fix the problem and sent some promo swag back with it.   All in all, I'm happy, but I'm pretty easy to please.  

17 hours ago, ken_mays said:

I don't send back many guns for repair.  I think in the last 15 years, I've sent back maybe 4.  

I did have a pretty bad case of trigger slap on my P320, so I sent it back to see what they'd do.   They sent me a prepaid label.   I let them sit on it for a couple months then called them to ask where it was.  They said it'd be out within a week and I get the feeling they got off the phone, pulled mine off the pile, fixed it, and sent it back.

They did fix the problem and sent some promo swag back with it.   All in all, I'm happy, but I'm pretty easy to please.  

If you let it sit for several Months you are easy to please  LOL.