I've spent a lot of money at Academy Sports, but....

I've never claimed in one single post to be intelligent.  Never claimed I wasn't a hypocrite or that I was a man of integrity.   I whine and bitch all the time too, have you read any of my posts?  

I just find it laughable that with all the things going on, Academy Sports decision to hide a particular product sets off so many alarms.  Next thing you know people will be trying to sell things at over inflated prices and we can get back to some of those wonderful price gouging conversations.  :bowrofl::bowrofl:

• Like 2

I wouldn’t be ashamed at all to walk into Academy and ask them to drag out the EBR’s. (But then I’m not ashamed to buy rubbers either). I doubt anyone working in the firearms section will look at me like I’m “That” kind of guy.

But that what’s great about this county and this forum; we can have different views (sometimes even without being called names). DD is wrong on this one; I hope they get their heads on straight. I hope Academy gets back to their “business as usual” mode after they feel they have shown the proper respect or whatever it is they are trying to show.

Is this even a real issue to them? Has anyone ever seen a DD rifle at Academy?

Caster is plenty intelligent. I agree with him that Academy is ducking behind the bar when the brawl breaks out. 

I also, believe that 2nd Amendment supporters demonstrating attitude and behavior like that of Daniel Defense are hurting our cause.  

3 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Caster certainly doesn't need me to speak to his intellectual ability, but there's no place for calling another member of this forum retarded.

Check your rhetoric.  The ice is getting really thin underneath you.

Ahhhh..... Thanks for being a moral compass, Socrates. I guess a nice little "The gun crowd are some of the whiniest hypocritical bitches in this country." is okey dokey when it's obviously targeting specific people in this thread, but it's out of bounds to insist that the person making that accusation is the personification of a hypocrite and has the rationale of an 11 year old. You might wanna brush up on your reading comprehension:

"your rationale is showing signs of borderline retardation"

See it? your rationale is... But we can pretend that I was "calling another member of this forum retarded" if it makes you feel better about being a hypocrite yourself. I sure didn't see any stern warnings about someone insisting I was a WaaWaa bitch. Why is that? Just because he has the wit of a dull butterknife doesn't mean I'm just supposed to sit back while he's free to call other members whiny hypocritical bitches.

You wanna break the ice underneath me? Go for it. No use in threatening me. I don't deal with bullies very well, and I sure as hell ain't donating to people who allow people to make moronic statements with faulty logic and sweeping generalizations without giving people the ability to call them out on their BS.

Ahhhh..... Thanks for being a moral compass, Socrates. I guess a nice little "The gun crowd are some of the whiniest hypocritical bitches in this country." is okey dokey when it's obviously targeting specific people in this thread, but it's out of bounds to insist that the person making that accusation is the personification of a hypocrite and has the rationale of an 11 year old. You might wanna brush up on your reading comprehension:

"your rationale is showing signs of borderline retardation"

See it? your rationale is... But we can pretend that I was "calling another member of this forum retarded" if it makes you feel better about being a hypocrite yourself. I sure didn't see any stern warnings about someone insisting I was a WaaWaa bitch. Why is that? Just because he has the wit of a dull butterknife doesn't mean I'm just supposed to sit back while he's free to call other members whiny hypocritical bitches.

You wanna break the ice underneath me? Go for it. No use in threatening me. I don't deal with bullies very well, and I sure as hell ain't donating to people who allow people to make moronic statements with faulty logic and sweeping generalizations without giving people the ability to call them out on their BS.

That was a weak exit to be sure. Not gonna miss you.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Hozzie said:

That was a quick $150 to lose.  

I just got some nice $200 jeans delivered today and I bought 2 dozen of DD's new 32-round magazines. I'll find a way to cope.

Life will go on. Mankind will find a way. It always has.

Wow, guy.  It IS the internet now.

You can come on the Enterprise here and call us red-shirts a retard if you like but calling out Commander William T. Riker ain't gonna win you any humanitarian awards.  

Chill out.  We're all friends here, even when we argue.  

• Like 3
  • Admin Team

Man...

I hate banning people over stupid stuff.

It's a Friday.  

Seriously.  Disagree.  Shop at one place, or another.  Talk about your disappointment.  Talk about the deal you got because some reseller didn't realize they were behind the counter.  Write their management team.  Write your congressman.  

But, all we ask here is that you bring something to the conversation besides self righteousness and expensive blue jeans.  We're all on the same side here - even if we do tend to make it awfully difficult sometimes.

• Like 7
13 minutes ago, Wingshooter said:

Why would you pay $200 for jeans? They'd have to be skinny jeans at that price too I would imagine :eek:

Serious question.  This has always intrigued me. A good pair costs a lot less 

I've said before that cost is only one aspect of when and where I spend my money. I don't want to advertise for any company, but they are made in Oregon and they are really good quality, extremely versatile and tend to last longer than other stuff I've tried. Technically, they're not really jeans.

I could find something fairly similar from some company that makes their stuff in China, but I'd rather be putting Americans(hopefully legal Americans) to work than I would having people in a sweatshop thousands of miles away make my stuff.

I buy my socks from a company in TN. I buy my shoes from American companies. I did buy underwear and some other items from a company in TN, but unfortunately they went out of business. I'm still really irritated that I didn't buy more, because they did make a line that's been far superior to anything else I've tried. And the price wasn't that much higher than other brands not made in the USA.

Edited by Lincoln Osiris
I just got some nice $200 jeans delivered today and I bought 2 dozen of DD's new 32-round magazines. I'll find a way to cope.

Life will go on. Mankind will find a way. It always has.

Do those jeans come with a decent hooker attached? Yowzers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Guys,  come on here.  There is no need for the anger.

The guy who made the retarded comment was responding in anger.  I doubt he really thinks Caster is retarded.  

MacGyver's role is to keep things civil.  I don't see him siding with Caster, but acting like a ref in a fight telling fighters to break the clinch and cautioning a certain punch.  In another situation, he failed to see my comedic genius and that I really should be on Saturday Night Live.  I didn't agree with him, though keep in mind that I think he's a volunteer.  If he is paid, I seriously doubt it adds up to much relative to the time of reading every post. 

Lincoln, this isn't worth getting banned over.  This is a good forum.  Many people avoid the political and opinion part of the forum.  I can definitely say that anyone can post a gun related question or problem and there will be many responses from many folks that know an awful lot about guns.

Caster and I had a heated debate / argument about a week ago.  We got tired of fighting and went back to having fun, kind of like kids on the play ground.  I love how kids on the playground can have a fight, then forget about it and get back to having fun.

4 minutes ago, Pete123 said:

Caster and I had a heated debate / argument about a week ago.  We got tired of fighting and went back to having fun, kind of like kids on the play ground.  I love how kids on the playground can have a fight, then forget about it and get back to having fun.

What about?  I don't remember that.  

I have drank a few since then so.....

1 hour ago, Wingshooter said:

Why would you pay $200 for jeans? They'd have to be skinny jeans at that price too I would imagine :eek:

Serious question.  This has always intrigued me. A good pair costs a lot less 

Academy's $17.99 jeans are quite excellent.  Fit me way better than Levi's and seem to be as durable. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lincoln Osiris said:

I've said before that cost is only one aspect of when and where I spend my money. I don't want to advertise for any company, but they are made in Oregon and they are really good quality, extremely versatile and tend to last longer than other stuff I've tried. Technically, they're not really jeans.

I could find something fairly similar from some company that makes their stuff in China, but I'd rather be putting Americans(hopefully legal Americans) to work than I would having people in a sweatshop thousands of miles away make my stuff.

I buy my socks from a company in TN. I buy my shoes from American companies. I did buy underwear and some other items from a company in TN, but unfortunately they went out of business. I'm still really irritated that I didn't buy more, because they did make a line that's been far superior to anything else I've tried. And the price wasn't that much higher than other brands not made in the USA.

I'm sure they're nice. $200 for jeans just sounds like ammo left on the shelf to me. ;)

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Wingshooter said:

I'm sure they're nice. $200 for jeans just sounds like ammo left on the shelf to me. ;)

I'm not sure it conveys much intelligence. Buying them if you want is one thing. Coming on here in a random thread to brag about it is a whole nuther matter.

• Like 1

$200 jeans wouldn't make as much sense to those of us carrying and/or married.  

$200 jeans fit in a manner that tends to be eye candy for the ladies and help the single guys get certain attention.  I wish my big ass would fit into mine....

Lincoln's been smacked around enough.  He's new and your going to run him off.  There isn't one among us that hasn't had bad days where we said and did similar things - cut him a little slack.  

• Like 3