I've spent a lot of money at Academy Sports, but....

1 minute ago, Pete123 said:

$200 jeans wouldn't make as much sense to those of us carrying and/or married.  

$200 jeans fit in a manner that tends to be eye candy for the ladies and help the single guys get certain attention.  I wish my big ass would fit into mine....

Lincoln's been smacked around enough.  He's new and your going to run him off.  There isn't one among us that hasn't had bad days where we said and did similar things - cut him a little slack.  

$200 in cash seems to catch a girl's eye much better than a pair of girlie jeans.

For 200 bucks you can get over a dozen pair of nice Levi's at the goodwill if you shop around.  

BUT, if I wanted a $200 pair of jeans and nothing else made me happy, I wouldn't balk at paying it.  The Duluth shorts I wear all the time weren't exactly bargain basement priced.  

Edited by Caster
1 hour ago, Pete123 said:

$200 jeans wouldn't make as much sense to those of us carrying and/or married. 

I'm carrying and married. Still buying $200 pants when I want, $200-$300 shoes if need them, boxes of ammo when I find the right deal, and whatever computers or hardware I need. I'm not sure what carrying or marriage would have to do with that. Apparently, I must have some ninja stealth skills with a handgun and an awesome wife. Yeah, I guess I do.

$200 jeans fit in a manner that tends to be eye candy for the ladies and help the single guys get certain attention.  I wish my big ass would fit into mine....

I have what you might call Hockey Ass. I have a very hard time finding regular jeans that fit me well. They either tend to be much baggier than I like or I feel like I'm squeezing myself into jeans that were made for guys who have flat asses and are packing like Ken dolls. I prefer the fit, function and look of my $200 pants. Proudly ugly, unkempt and hideously unstylish just isn't a good way to go through life.

Lincoln's been smacked around enough.  He's new and your going to run him off.  There isn't one among us that hasn't had bad days where we said and did similar things - cut him a little slack. 

I simple check of registration dates would tell you that I'm not as new as you seem to think. In fact, you're newer than me. I'm that guy that sits in the back of the class and analyzes everyone and everything.

Edited by Lincoln Osiris
12 minutes ago, Lincoln Osiris said:

I'm carrying and married. Still buying $200 pants when I want, $200-$300 shoes if need them, boxes of ammo when I find the right deal, and whatever computers or hardware I need. I'm not sure what carrying or marriage would have to do with that. Apparently, I must have some ninja stealth skills with a handgun and an awesome wife. Yeah, I guess I do.

I have what you might call Hockey Ass. I have a very hard time finding regular jeans that fit me well. They either tend to be much baggier than I like or I feel like I'm squeezing myself into jeans that were made for guys who have flat asses and are packing like Ken dolls. I prefer the fit, function and look of my $200 pants. Proudly ugly, unkempt and hideously unstylish just isn't a good way to go through life.

I simple check of registration dates would tell you that I'm not as new as you seem to think. In fact, you're newer than me. I'm that guy that sits in the back of the class and analyzes everyone and everything.

You're not making any friends here.  Take that as you will but I personally don't care.    

Just tone it down.  You have nothing to prove.  Relax.

7 minutes ago, Garufa said:

You're not making any friends here.  Take that as you will but I personally don't care.    

Just tone it down.  You have nothing to prove.  Relax.

Tone what down? Perhaps you would like to reference the offending part of my comment.

23 minutes ago, shotgunshooter said:

81b784cfe7a539bc9e59bd91c53a7072.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You didn't miss anything. Let me give you the cliff notes:

• Academy sucks!
  • I bought some nice $200 pants.
  • All asses are not created equal.

End of story.

Academy: Part Deux is in the works, but I can't promise anything.

Edited by Lincoln Osiris
  • Like 1
You didn't miss anything. Let me give you the cliff notes:

• Academy sucks!
  • I bought some nice $200 pants.
  • All asses are not created equal.
End of story.

Academy: Part Deux is in the works, but I can't promise anything.

I have a feeling we are just getting started if you are going to start posting more often. You've definitely brightened up my day reading your comments. I always need a good laugh.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, shotgunshooter said:

I have a feeling we are just getting started if you are going to start posting more often. You've definitely brightened up my day reading your comments. I always need a good laugh.

I'm just dying to know his thoughts on Glocks, .40cal, and 10mm...

• Like 4

My biggest gripe is still with CTD. The people running it aren't all gun enthusiast. They willfully gouged because they knew some suckers would freak out and buy from them. That's snake sh!t there. They will never get a dime from me. 

Everyone is worried about the $200 pair of pants might not have bought a good duty belt lately. I just spent $85 for one. Not arguing or anything. Sometimes quality comes at a price. Sometimes it's up to the buyer. I can't knock anyone on what they do or don't want to buy. 

Also, Kroger rocks after they flipped off Moms Demand. Academy is a bit pricey. I prefer to dump my money in my favorite local gun shop regardless of their mark up or down. I rather support local and those that treat me like family. 

• Like 5
7 hours ago, Lincoln Osiris said:

I've said before that cost is only one aspect of when and where I spend my money. I don't want to advertise for any company, but they are made in Oregon and they are really good quality, extremely versatile and tend to last longer than other stuff I've tried. Technically, they're not really jeans.

I could find something fairly similar from some company that makes their stuff in China, but I'd rather be putting Americans(hopefully legal Americans) to work than I would having people in a sweatshop thousands of miles away make my stuff.

I buy my socks from a company in TN. I buy my shoes from American companies. I did buy underwear and some other items from a company in TN, but unfortunately they went out of business. I'm still really irritated that I didn't buy more, because they did make a line that's been far superior to anything else I've tried. And the price wasn't that much higher than other brands not made in the USA.

So tell how you feel about .40 cal. Any chance your opinion has changed?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Mindless-Focus said:

My biggest gripe is still with CTD. The people running it aren't all gun enthusiast. They willfully gouged because they knew some suckers would freak out and buy from them. That's snake sh!t there. They will never get a dime from me. 

Everyone is worried about the $200 pair of pants might not have bought a good duty belt lately. I just spent $85 for one. Not arguing or anything. Sometimes quality comes at a price. Sometimes it's up to the buyer. I can't knock anyone on what they do or don't want to buy. 

Also, Kroger rocks after they flipped off Moms Demand. Academy is a bit pricey. I prefer to dump my money in my favorite local gun shop regardless of their mark up or down. I rather support local and those that treat me like family. 

I don't care what the guy bought. I found it odd that he randomly posted about buying $200 jeans in a thread about Academy sports pulling modern sporting rifles off the shelf, and allegedly keeping a list of people who the deem purchase too much ammo.

Nothing wrong with his post, I just found it odd.

The Ares Gear belt that I wear ever day cost me like $115 and the holsters I have were 90 a piece. I'm with Lincoln on buying American and definitely buying quality. It's well worth it. I will say though when it comes to firearms and ammo I do all of my business with about three local shops or buy whatever is the cheapest online. I will also pay for principle too. Kroger has just gotten more of my business. Also I don't think it has been said enough so screw CTD!

14 minutes ago, Caster said:

Comms???????????????

That's my thought. Post sorta match. And I ran across a thread yesterday that was one his last post, posted some time ago.  It doesn't show banned under  his name.  Guess we could trace IP address but I don't feel like it tonight.

Edited by Luap
Apple error
That's my thought. Post sorta match. And I ran across a thread yesterday that was one his last post, posted some time ago.  It doesn't show banned under  his name.  Guess we could trace IP address but I don't feel Good like it tonight.

I seriously doubt it's Comms. I talked with him a few weeks ago and he said he was done with TGO and wasn't gonna come back.

32 minutes ago, TrickyNicky said:

Tricky Nicky, I didn't mean to copy your post.  I didn't read the entire thread.  Should'a waited. 

24 minutes ago, TrickyNicky said:

I've had my Glock 23 for about 18 years. Not even 1 hiccup the entire time I've had it. It still goes with me everywhere. I don't really have a firm position on the .40 vs 9mm debate, but I'm much more inclined to buy something with 9mm in mind rather than the .40. I have very limited experience with 10mm. I'm just not a big enough fan of any handgun caliber to make any argument interesting.

On the other hand, ask me about something like 5.56 vs 6.8SPC and things will go south really, really quick. 

• Like 2