CZ Scorpion Carbine

BigK

I promised myself one of these as soon as I hear they were making them. 

When we had the TGO get together at Everything Weapons I filled out a purchase request or whatever you call it for one. I was warned by more than one person that most dealers would rather sell them on Gun Broker at a big markup than to honor the purchase request. Well, I'm here to tell you they did me right!

I got a call saying his distributor is finally taking orders and I can finally get one, so I rushed down to pay for it. I got there just as he was on the phone placing the order. It took 8 days to come in, but they called me after-hours tonight to say it's finally here. I get to go pick it up tomorrow!!!

The only bummer is that I already committed to teaching a buddy who's never shot rifles before about ARs and AKs first thing in the morning. I only recently got him hooked on guns and he has 3 handguns already and realizes a long gun or 2 are much-needed additions to his collection. Needless to say, his wife probably hates me, LOL. After we run through some rifle basics, I'm gonna let him shoot a few then I'm off to pick up my new toy.

Bonus! I get to go to the range again to shoot my new toy.

• Like 3

I didn't get the carbine, but I recently got the v2 of the Scotpion in with the 1/2x28 muzzle. Ordered last Friday and came in yesterday. They even ordered some 30 round mags, because they knew I'd want some. I bought all the mags. Waiting on some aftermarket goodies for it to come in now. 

• Like 1

I've got a scorpion carbine in 9mm. Neat little rifle, picked it up on a whim. I've had it for about a week and only my co-workers have shot it. I did have the pistol and carbine from a friend to put in new trigger kits and of course I shot them to make sure they work. It's a neat platform, no real practical use that I can see. If you're in Clarksville and want to shoot one PM me. 

11 hours ago, Mindless-Focus said:

@BigK I just found out about this. Not sure your aware, but both your carbine and my new 1/2x28 threaded pistol fall under this. You may need to double check tho. I have an upgrade trigger set and everything. http://cz-usa.com/uncategorized/17198/

i heard about that and of course I got the welded version...wouldn't you know? I'm on their list.

On 6/20/2016 at 11:34 PM, gunrunner32 said:

I've got a scorpion carbine in 9mm. Neat little rifle, picked it up on a whim. I've had it for about a week and only my co-workers have shot it. I did have the pistol and carbine from a friend to put in new trigger kits and of course I shot them to make sure they work. It's a neat platform, no real practical use that I can see. If you're in Clarksville and want to shoot one PM me. 

Are you talking about the trigger and striker spring kit and/or the trigger shoe replacement from HB Industries?

On 6/18/2016 at 2:19 AM, gjohnsoniv said:

I'm curious as well about this, want one to go with my original Skorpion. 

I've come real close to getting an original Skorpion a few times, but chickened out because I knew I'd like it too much and would have to start reloading .32 ACP by the truckload. :D

On 6/17/2016 at 7:40 PM, shotgunshooter said:

Post some pictures when you get it. Hope you enjoy your new gun.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I cant believe I forgot to post pics!! I'll remedy that this afternoon.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 7:09 AM, BigK said:

Are you talking about the trigger and striker spring kit and/or the trigger shoe replacement from HB Industries?

Yes, I put in a couple of the charging handle, triggers and spring kits from HB Industries. The Carbine was the only one that gave me issues. Had to get their removal tool since the bolt is welded on or however they have it fixed in there. The pistol trigger cage came out no problem.

What are the chances that I get to see pictures of the gun before the end of the week?

Sorry, what kind of d-bag buys a new gun, brags about it on his favorite gun forum, promises to post pics, but never follows thru? My bad...

b66aa4cc3dfb07a0dceccde379c23af6.jpg13e402059df6b737ffca676474649eb6.jpge7aa4f1777dc964cfab9e30ebe1ea5c0.jpg3694f2b5ddafacb57861a0fbf81c513b.jpg

• Like 2

Faux suppressor by SilencerCo3b8edf322dfbc127d8c18ddad67d5c1f.jpg

Push button for side-folding stock.

736776d377faf41c84782d30f3105aae.jpg

I like the way the bolt locks back. I added those M-Lok rail sections and plugs.

f3aac112b67de1e02074368639da01f0.jpg

Edited by BigK
Sorry, what kind of d-bag buys a new gun, brags about it on his favorite gun forum, promises to post pics, but never follows thru? My bad...

b66aa4cc3dfb07a0dceccde379c23af6.jpg13e402059df6b737ffca676474649eb6.jpge7aa4f1777dc964cfab9e30ebe1ea5c0.jpg3694f2b5ddafacb57861a0fbf81c513b.jpg

That is pure badassery. Makes me want to grab a flag and yell "Murcia." I'd jump at the opportunity to shoot that bad boy.

• Like 1

With sights this low, not many red dots will allow co-witnessing. The Bushnell TRS-25 is absolute co-witnessed with no riser. I wish it were .25" higher, so it would be easier to pick up. I've never seen a 1/4" riser, but I measured it and a 1/2" riser would be too high to see the sights at all.20160629_194422.jpg

Just now, shotgunshooter said:

That is pure badassery. Makes me want to grab a flag and yell "Murcia." I'd jump at the opportunity to shoot that bad boy.

SRHEC on Hobson Pike Saturday the 9th work for you?

Just now, shotgunshooter said:

Sadly no. I'll be out of state shooting. I'm sure I'll have a chance soon enough.

I want to shoot it again this weekend, but my favorite range is closed on Holiday weekends. Holler when you're ready.

16 minutes ago, BigK said:

With sights this low, not many red dots will allow co-witnessing. The Bushnell TRS-25 is absolute co-witnessed with no riser. I wish it were .25" higher, so it would be easier to pick up. I've never seen a 1/4" riser, but I measured it and a 1/2" riser would be too high to see the sights at all.20160629_194422.jpg

I'm looking at this one. I've heard good things about it especially on the scorpion. Will be getting one in a couple weeks for my pistol. http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-advanced-micro-dot-with-push-buttons-and-up-to-50khour-battery-life/p/md-ads/

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Mindless-Focus said:

I'm looking at this one. I've heard good things about it especially on the scorpion. Will be getting one in a couple weeks for my pistol. http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-advanced-micro-dot-with-push-buttons-and-up-to-50khour-battery-life/p/md-ads/

I've never heard a bad word about that optic. In fact, it was my 1st choice too. Sadly, the Bushnell was on sale at Primary Arms for $59.99 and that's all I could afford after buying the Scorpion.

Edited by BigK
spelling