Having a problem with my handgun

timcar86

I have a S&W M&P pro 9mm and I've started having some issues with it. It's got a pretty high round count (6000-8000) and I've recently changed the recoil spring.

Here's the issue; when rapid firing, it will occasionally not fire. By that I mean it fires a shot(s), ejects the spent brass, chambers the next round but the firing pin won't strike when I pull the trigger. I do a tap-rack and I'm back in business but it happens almost all the time now. Tried different magazines, very careful of my grip, one handed firing but still the same result.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

In case anyone was curious. I did some research and discovered that the striker assembly doesn't like too much lube (or any at all). So I took it apart, cleaned it and dried it out really well. Back at the range it didn't have any issues at all. 3 magazines rapid fire and no issues.

• Like 5
13 hours ago, timcar86 said:

In case anyone was curious. I did some research and discovered that the striker assembly doesn't like too much lube (or any at all). So I took it apart, cleaned it and dried it out really well. Back at the range it didn't have any issues at all. 3 magazines rapid fire and no issues.

That is why I am a big fan of Hornady Spray Clean/Lube.  IMO works great on trigger assembly, sear, and striker assemblies.  Old posts comparing lubes and lubricity demonstrated outstanding results for this product.  Been using it ever since and have not been disappointed.  As far as the M&P platform, Hornady spray and a drop of Mobil 1 with a needle applicator on the frame 'ears' where the slide rides and you  are good to go.