Glock 43

6 hours ago, DWARREN123 said:

I do not really like this pistol. It is a little too small for me but it does have its place as a carry pistol for those times you need something small and lite.

The Micro is small and is designed for easy concealment or maybe even as a pocket gun. I bought this for my wife and it fit her hands perfectly. I have a Sig P320 Compact 9mm and love it. My wife has chosen not to carry a pistol so it's on the market.

Yeah, The G-43 is small enough to feel different, the Shield is just a smidgen bigger but its textured grip feels just a little bit better. I still haven't made my mind up on which one to buy but with the .45 ACP Shield coming out I'm leaning towards the G-43 as a pocket carry.

I really like the 43.  Have carried inside the waist and mostly pocket carry in Alabama holster.  Never a hiccup just like my bigger Glock.  Would like to try one of the Shields since they get very good reviews. Also want to get an LCP in .380.  Really like these little carry guns!

5 hours ago, Erik88 said:

My problem with it is that it's not small enough to fit in my pocket or for deep concealment. I'd like to shoot one though.

Yep. A year after the G43 was released, my Kahr PM9 is still smaller and still with same capacity. :)

- OS

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the Shield and 43 are both great guns.  The only real difference, imho, is the grip.  The 43 is very small versus the Shield - not in height or width, but in the depth of the grip.  Everyone I come across with medium to larger hands seems to prefer the grip of the Shield, whilr the smaller hands prefer the 43.  Both are excellent shooters.  For some reason you have to pay an extra $100 or so for a 43, but I see no added benefit for the extra cost.  I don't feel like either one is "better" than the other.  You just have to pay more if you like a smaller grip.  :-D

Edited by musicman
  • Like 1
It is a nice gun and I like Glock's but for the extra $$$ I would go for the Shield and I did.  If you have giant hands you will probably end up carrying a bigger 

gun anyhow. 

I went the same way when looking for a more concealable pistol. Couldn't decide if the 43 was worth the extra money. Ended up finding a nice deal on the shield at $329.99 and hopped right on it. It has become my favorite carry gun, but I still wonder what the 43 is like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
2 hours ago, conn_air7 said:

I went the same way when looking for a more concealable pistol. Couldn't decide if the 43 was worth the extra money. Ended up finding a nice deal on the shield at $329.99 and hopped right on it. It has become my favorite carry gun, but I still wonder what the 43 is like.

I take it you are a Glock guy like me. To be honest, after jumping back and forth with all these single stacks I won't criticize anyone for liking a XDS, 43, Shield, Bersa, or LC9 over a different model. The Shield is just a gun that is built to be shot a lot and it shoots well. It is just a bonus that it is so easy to carry. While only a slight bit smaller the 43 just doesn't handle like a range gun, but I believe I can shoot it as well as a Shield. While I can shoot the 43 as well, the Shield is just easier to shoot. There is a lot of value in Shields with many people scoring them for a little over $350 OTD. In my mind the 43 should be the cheaper gun. 

• Like 1

I think the shield is an excellent value for your dollar and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to people looking for a first gun.  Small, reliable, and relatively inexpensive.

For my purposes it had no place though.  I carry IWB, and I wanted something with a shorter grip than my XD9sc (roughly G19 size) in hopes of printing a little less... and honestly even the XD didnt print that much.  Very rarely would anyone notice. I tried the shield thinking the thinness would help but it really didnt, grip length was the determining factor for me (ymmv). Lost a lot of capacity.  Enter the G26. Double stack but shorter grip. Uncomfortable to hold, and I would have been turned off to it had I judged it based on that alone but I shot great with it though and printed less for my carry method.

So I'm glad they made the 43 grip shorter than the shield for when I want an even more minimal carry.  It conceals better than the shield when I need it to (flush magazine) and when I dont need to worry as much about it the finger extension lets me use all my fingers and is every bit as comfortable in the hand as the shield... I like options.

• Like 1
I take it you are a Glock guy like me. To be honest, after jumping back and forth with all these single stacks I won't criticize anyone for liking a XDS, 43, Shield, Bersa, or LC9 over a different model. The Shield is just a gun that is built to be shot a lot and it shoots well. It is just a bonus that it is so easy to carry. While only a slight bit smaller the 43 just doesn't handle like a range gun, but I believe I can shoot it as well as a Shield. While I can shoot the 43 as well, the Shield is just easier to shoot. There is a lot of value in Shields with many people scoring them for a little over $350 OTD. In my mind the 43 should be the cheaper gun. 

You would be right in assuming that I have developed a love for Glocks. However, I love the way the shield fits my hand. I have larger hands to begin with, so even the 26 fits my hand funky without the pinky extension. I have had many discussions on what pistol is the best bet for the money. In my opinion the shield wins every time. $360 OTD on the shield VS $489 OTD on the 43, I'm going with the shield. 43 is overpriced for what you are getting.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, gjohnsoniv said:

Guess I'm in the minority here on the 43, I really like mine. I bought it to replace my Double Tap for pocket carry and it has filled that role perfectly, shoots well too.

I'm interested in the G-43 and am very curious as to how it works in a pocket carry mode. I can see it probably working well with some pants but suspect there's some trial and error involved in selecting the right pants. What type pocket holster are you using?

11 hours ago, gjohnsoniv said:

Guess I'm in the minority here on the 43, I really like mine. I bought it to replace my Double Tap for pocket carry and it has filled that role perfectly, shoots well too.

Well I'm right there with you, I love my G43, I couldn't ask more for a back up gun 

5 hours ago, TNWNGR said:

I'm interested in the G-43 and am very curious as to how it works in a pocket carry mode. I can see it probably working well with some pants but suspect there's some trial and error involved in selecting the right pants. What type pocket holster are you using?

There really is some trial and error in finding the right pants. Most of my jeans are good to go except for the sole pair of Levis due to the laughably small pockets. Cargo pants work well, obviously, and it seems my normal dress slacks are acceptable. Using one I made for it, nothing fancy.   I will say though that I put the Streamlight TLR6 on mine and that really helps break up the outline to more of a rectangle shape.

The 43 is on my immediate radar too, but I have already recently acquired my one gun per year allotment self imposed rule that I have however that might not stop me.  My delay in pulling the trigger is price point.  I monitor GB quite often, and I am trying to find a new one delivered + my local FFL fee + TICS for less than $450 OTD.  A couple of times I have came close, but I refuse to pay the 3% cc markup thingy, and that was a show stopper for me.  Its more of a challenge to see if I can really do it, otherwise if a good used one landed one in my lap I wouldn't mind it.

12 hours ago, runco said:

The 43 is on my immediate radar too, but I have already recently acquired my one gun per year allotment self imposed rule that I have however that might not stop me. 

Yea I have the one gun a year rule to. My last one was my 2028 gun. I hope to get to at least 2030 before the elections just in case. :angel:

• Like 2

I traded in my Ruger LCP for the G43 to fill in a niche because you just never know. I really never seen the need to carry anything around here while on my property tending to the garden, chickens, cutting grass, etc. 

That is until I about stepped on a 'cotton mouth' twice, crossed paths with a rabid opossum (suspected anyway), had an armadillo in the chicken house and lastly had two scraggly rednecks sneak up on me way back on my property with the pretense of asking directions. 

Ever try a precision shot with the LCP sights, or lack there of? My G43 is a tad difficult to conceal in my pants pocket but tending my business outside that's of no concern. I do need to get some shorts / jeans with deeper pockets so I can comfortably retrieve it / conceal it better in a front pocket.

I will say it's a lot easier to grab and go and carry AIWB for those quick trips to town or to the mail box, rather than strapping on a holster and dressing around it. 

Compared with the LCP, I'm much more accurate with the G43, I can get 75 rounds out of it at the range, compared to 50 with the LCP before my hand begs me to quit. 

With aggressive Talon Grips, TruGlow sights and a Ghost connector I'm more than satisfied. 

• Like 1

I find it funny that glock guys don't really like the 43 for the most part, and myself not really liking glocks, do like the 43. And I wear an XXL glove as well. Gun folks are a fickle bunch. Ever since my wife bought a 43, I have decided that will be what replaces my rami for summer carry.

Edited by tmauto769