Glock 43

6 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I traded in my Ruger LCP for the G43 to fill in a niche because you just never know. I really never seen the need to carry anything around here while on my property tending to the garden, chickens, cutting grass, etc. 

That is until I about stepped on a 'cotton mouth' twice, crossed paths with a rabid opossum (suspected anyway), had an armadillo in the chicken house and lastly had two scraggly rednecks sneak up on me way back on my property with the pretense of asking directions. 

Ever try a precision shot with the LCP sights, or lack there of? My G43 is a tad difficult to conceal in my pants pocket but tending my business outside that's of no concern. I do need to get some shorts / jeans with deeper pockets so I can comfortably retrieve it / conceal it better in a front pocket.

I will say it's a lot easier to grab and go and carry AIWB for those quick trips to town or to the mail box, rather than strapping on a holster and dressing around it. 

Compared with the LCP, I'm much more accurate with the G43, I can get 75 rounds out of it at the range, compared to 50 with the LCP before my hand begs me to quit. 

With aggressive Talon Grips, TruGlow sights and a Ghost connector I'm more than satisfied. 

Which TruGlows do you have on yours? I've been wanting to swap my stock set out. 

19 hours ago, gjohnsoniv said:

Which TruGlows do you have on yours? I've been wanting to swap my stock set out. 

I didn't know there was more than one kind? They're green fiber optic and cost about $90.00 installed. I have them on most of my handguns and like them better than Trijicon HD'S, because they are so bright day / night. 

42 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

I didn't know there was more than one kind? They're green fiber optic and cost about $90.00 installed. I have them on most of my handguns and like them better than Trijicon HD'S, because they are so bright day / night. 

I have the green and yellow TFO

https://www.truglo.com/firearms-handgun/brite-site-tritium-fiber-optic-handgun-sights-green-yellow.asp?catid=E5FDB84FE8F74C239330C1841BDD3D5E

9 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

My mistake, I was thinking of the Ameriglo, but TruGlo popped up and that's what I was thinking. 

On 6/30/2016 at 7:34 AM, conn_air7 said:

I went the same way when looking for a more concealable pistol. Couldn't decide if the 43 was worth the extra money. Ended up finding a nice deal on the shield at $329.99 and hopped right on it. It has become my favorite carry gun, but I still wonder what the 43 is like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You got a Great Deal.... nice.

• Like 1

Dennis...

Noticed this is one of your replies...

With aggressive Talon Grips, TruGlow sights and a Ghost connector I'm more than satisfied. 

Tell me about the Ghost connector... I just picked up a lightly used, lovingly cared for Glock 42, and wuz thinkin about somethin to lighten up the trigger a bit....

Thanks a bunch...

leroy

6 minutes ago, leroy said:

Dennis...

Noticed this is one of your replies...

Tell me about the Ghost connector... I just picked up a lightly used, lovingly cared for Glock 42, and wuz thinkin about somethin to lighten up the trigger a bit....

Thanks a bunch...

leroy

I put one in my 43. Makes the trigger lighter. I haven't messed with my 42 yet, but should yield the same results

• Like 1

I carry my G19 whenever possible. But I've found the 43 to be the perfect little pocket carry for me, put my LCR in the safe for now. I haven't shot a shield, but I have held several and know it is not a pocket gun - but the 43 can be, you have to find the right pants/shorts with good size pockets.

I was amazed at how easy to shoot the 43 was for me. I put a rubber talon grip on from the get go and it is one great shooting gun, even with so little to hold onto. I've only put about 250ish rounds through it, but it is my go to pocket carry.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, after finding the shield at a great price. I decided to see what I could do if I sold it. Turns out I made a decent little profit and now I'm carrying the 43. Maybe one of these days I'll buy the shield again and keep it,but until then, Glock has my heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On June 30, 2016 at 9:44 AM, mikegideon said:

I like carrying the 43. I have been carrying my 19 in a Raven lately, and just throwing on a cover shirt. I wind up carrying a cover even with IWB. I shoot the 19 a lot better.

I like the 43. I carry mine at 5 o'clock position in a High Noon IWB holster (bellman gunboat) and find it both comfortable and accessible.  It also fits my hand well.