BC / BS of TN

• Moderators

This was the email BCBS sent out yesterday to all of their agents. The sad part is, all of us agents knew this was coming as soon as the ACA was put into law. The ugly stuff is just now starting to really come out into the daylight.BCBSRates2017.jpg

3 hours ago, Omega said:

"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan."

More like if you can afford your doctor!

"And we got to pass the bill to know what's in the bill". And the sheeple are gonna vote for lying, crooked Killary to pull some more wool over the sheeple's eyes. These fools will never learn.

1 hour ago, ggwilde said:

This was the email BCBS sent out yesterday to all of their agents. The sad part is, all of us agents knew this was coming as soon as the ACA was put into law. The ugly stuff is just now starting to really come out into the daylight.BCBSRates2017.jpg

I take it from their letter, keeping their options open. Could put out of marketplace? Also Senate has a bill that would keep you from have to pay the additional tax if the 2nd lowest silver plan for your state in raised more then 10%. for not having health insurance. Obama would veto it if passed.

S.3251 - Relief from Obamacare Mandate Act of 2016

39 minutes ago, Dustbuster said:

Everyone that works for bcbs should be jailed under RICO. Organized crime at its best

Honestly, this time I believe them.  I get my insurance on the exchanges, and BCBS-TN has been far lower than the other options for the first two years this has been running, at least at the bronze level (what I have through them).  I'd imagine when the 2017 prices come out, BCBS-TN wil be closer to the other companies this time.

Our family officially went uninsured this year when our bcbs policy went for $775/mo to $1440 on ACA. With the $6000 deductible our out of pocket would have been around $25K before they kicked anything in. Unless of course I wanted to go to rehab for my drug habit, but really with this cost of insurance I've decided to just remain addicted. It would also pay for any abortion I might find myself needing,  and that's important since I really can't remember what I'm doing while I'm smoking crack. So all in all I've come out pretty good and saved myself a ton of money. I hardly ever used my insurance anyway. Bcbs was making decent money on my policy but not anymore. Sounds like my policy this next year would top $2200/ month. Sorry sukkers, ain't playing yo game no mo. 

Edited by seez52
7 hours ago, seez52 said:

Our family officially went uninsured this year when our bcbs policy went for $775/mo to $1440 on ACA. With the $6000 deductible our out of pocket would have been around $25K before they kicked anything in. Unless of course I wanted to go to rehab for my drug habit, but really with this cost of insurance I've decided to just remain addicted. It would also pay for any abortion I might find myself needing,  and that's important since I really can't remember what I'm doing while I'm smoking crack. So all in all I've come out pretty good and saved myself a ton of money. I hardly ever used my insurance anyway. Bcbs was making decent money on my policy but not anymore. Sounds like my policy this next year would top $2200/ month. Sorry sukkers, ain't playing yo game no mo. 

But what about the cheap co-pay on generic pain killers?  You're missing out! :P 

On 8/25/2016 at 10:19 PM, NextExit said:

From that link, "most Tennesseans will pay under $75 a month."  Am I missing something?  I'd LOVE to know how to get on that plan.... :squint:  As it stands now I'll dump my insurance at the end of the year.  

Guess who gets to pay the rest.? :mad:  

• Like 1

Your questions answered:  http://www.bcbst.com/why-bcbst/about-us/news-center/2017rates.page

In case the link doesn't work, here's most of the questions and answers:

Why are rates going up so much next year?  It's our fault.  We set prices too low and the correction is leading to sticker shock.

I didn't have many claims.  So why are my rates going up? To satisfy the subsidies and make up for people gaming the system.

What am I getting for my premiums?  Peace of mind knowing you're on the good side of the IRS

When will I know for sure what my 2017 plan will cost? When you see your postal carrier at your mailbox laughing

How can I learn about different plan options? A week before the election, open enrollment begins.  Find something cheap.

How will tax credits, or subsidies, impact my rate? A lot. Get a lower paying job and you'll find out. 

Are you using this as an excuse to earn higher profits? Seriously?  We're offended.  We're on your side.

Why are you not using your reserves to make premiums lower? We have to look out for our own first.

What are you doing to control costs? Hiring illegal immigrants and outsourcing the call center to Indonesia.

Are 2017 rates going up to recoup losses from previous years? Nope.  That was a tax write off.  :rolleyes:

What happens if BlueCross keeps losing money on the Marketplace? Simple....we abandon ship. There's always Humana (for now).

What are you doing to help members get healthier? Higher premiums of course. You'll have less to spend on beer, cigs, candy, etc.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2016 at 9:57 PM, btq96r said:

Honestly, this time I believe them.  I get my insurance on the exchanges, and BCBS-TN has been far lower than the other options for the first two years this has been running, at least at the bronze level (what I have through them).  I'd imagine when the 2017 prices come out, BCBS-TN wil be closer to the other companies this time.

they can be cheap, but that doesn't mean they'll pay or allow for a procedure without torturing the insured first. BCBS in the past tried to deny me coverage because they claimed i had heart trouble according to my PCP, absolute LIE. they wanted me to accept repetitive cortisone shots for a knee problem vs getting arthroscopic.... until they found i had a bad reaction to the 1st shot. A quick letter from my attorney put them in check real fast.He also agreed that their MO is BS. Makes ya wonder why a ceo of such an operation makes millions for doing not much......but denies benefit to those who really need it..BCBS can SMA...

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this might happen. I read earlier they were considering it and would make a decision in September. I think all that leaves is Humana. OOps Cigna will still be here. Neither of them offered many plans and they were not cheap.

Edited by 94user
Wrong

Obamacare is working as designed.  It's time to quit screwing around and remove insurance companies from the equation. 

Just nationalize it already and make everybody's life a whole lot easier and probably cheaper.  

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Obamacare is working as designed.  It's time to quit screwing around and remove insurance companies from the equation. 

Just nationalize it already and make everybody's life a whole lot easier and probably cheaper.  

Add 10 states suing because the Fed hasn't coughed up the overages on the the guaranteed stop loaded, the ONLY way to fix it is the public option.

And voila, end game won, .gov insurance for all.

On June 26, 2016 at 6:54 PM, dawgdoc said:

I have been telling people since Obamacare passed that it seems the ultimate goal is to make everyone hate whatever insurance they have so that the people will beg the government to swoop in and save us all.  Every time I have to deal with insurance, it reaffirms my belief.

Yep. "Single-payer" healthcare or bust. Hillary, pelosi and Reid will get their wish if she wins.

4 hours ago, Garufa said:

No thanks. 

The last thing I need is an IRS type agency in charge of my healthcare. "Death panels", rationing, long waits, red tape and an even bigger government  WOULD be a reality.

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Wingshooter said:

No thanks. 

The last thing I need is an IRS type agency in charge of my healthcare. "Death panels", rationing, long waits, red tape and an even bigger government  WOULD be a reality.

Don't look now, but I think it may be too late. :mad:

On 9/26/2016 at 1:49 PM, greenego said:

Didn't know Sevier county is part of metro K-Town but I guess it is based on the letter I got from BC/BS today.  Fine by me, I wasn't going to pay the new premiums anyway.  

On 9/26/2016 at 8:09 PM, Garufa said:

Of curse, it will only take 6 months to see a doc after that.  If you are having a heart attack then it is an emergency so that will bring it down to 5 months. Of curse, the connected won't be waiting months to see doc.