Heirs to destroy guns to send "message"

What they failed to realize is people that would have bought those heirlooms will instead buy new firearms. The way I see it, Americans are going to buy firearms. They will either buy used or new, but they will spend "X" amount.

• Like 1
What a bunch of morons. The least they could do is sell the guns and give them to a good cause. I guess they aren't worried about anything other than publicity or they would have thought this through a little more.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I strongly suspect that they were silently reimbursed by someone with an anti-gun agenda.

• Like 3

That's why we have wills.  I don't have any immediate family members who would get my guns that would do this.  Honestly, I will make sure mine go to a few people who will keep and appreciate them.  I don't worry about them after that point.

• Like 2

I think this is a bunch of bogus reporting myself, has anyone thought how much 6.5 tons of ammo is. I don't believe anyone in Kali had that many guns and that much ammo. Funny they are going to keep the 250K cash. If they would have sold the guns they would have donated the money to Hillary or Bernie anyway. Makes all of our guns more valuable the way I look at it. Morons!!!!! This is why even single people need a will, leave your stuff to someone that will enjoy like you do.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Dirtshooter said:

I think this is a bunch of bogus reporting myself, has anyone thought how much 6.5 tons of ammo is. I don't believe anyone in Kali had that many guns and that much ammo. Funny they are going to keep the 250K cash. If they would have sold the guns they would have donated the money to Hillary or Bernie anyway. Makes all of our guns more valuable the way I look at it. Morons!!!!! This is why even single people need a will, leave your stuff to someone that will enjoy like you do.

Not as much as you think.  Just an example, a full crate (880 rounds) of 7.62x54r weighs roughly 60 lbs.  At 13000 lbs. (6.5 tons) that's about 217 crates, or approximately 2 pallets.  There are a lot of people who stockpile those amounts and more ...

• Like 3

Devil's advocate here but; Who's the rightful owner?  That would be them.  Is a person NOT entitled to do with their property however they see fit so long as it's legal?  They can shove them up their butt and cluck like a chicken if that makes them happy.  

I wouldn't do it, you wouldn't do but it IS their decision.  How angry do we get when we are told what we can and cannot do with our own property?  

Ultimately, the destruction of their property only makes YOUR property more valuable.  

A fool and his money are soon parted.  Let the fools piss away their money.  Means NOTHING to me.  I'm neither impressed or outraged but perfectly indifferent to all idiots and their decisions so long as it doesn't impact the rest of our lives.  

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Dirtshooter said:

It is a true story.  I remember it hitting the news last summer.  They found the guy dead in his car parked on his street.  He had been there for a while.  He was a loner and nobody new about all his guns until the police went into his house.  Here is a link to the original story:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-lapd-guns-20150720-story.html

33 minutes ago, Caster said:

Devil's advocate here but; Who's the rightful owner?  That would be them.  Is a person NOT entitled to do with their property however they see fit so long as it's legal?  They can shove them up their butt and cluck like a chicken if that makes them happy.  

I wouldn't do it, you wouldn't do but it IS their decision.  How angry do we get when we are told what we can and cannot do with our own property?  

Ultimately, the destruction of their property only makes YOUR property more valuable.  

A fool and his money are soon parted.  Let the fools piss away their money.  Means NOTHING to me.  I'm neither impressed or outraged but perfectly indifferent to all idiots and their decisions so long as it doesn't impact the rest of our lives.  

I don't think anyone should tell them what they can or cannot do with their property.  That doesn't mean I don't reserve the right to think that they are unbridled idiots.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Caster said:

I gotta agree with you on that. Property rights, whether it be real estate or personal or otherwise, trump everything else. As long as it isn't hurting someone else.

It would be a shame if they were destroying pre-64 winchesters or vintage S&Ws but it's the same as destroying fine artwork, which arguably those sort of guns are. You may not like it but if they own it it's their right to do with their property as they wish.

They're still idiots though.