I found a Rugged Surge 762 in stock,  and I've read good reviews on it. Anyone have an opinion about this one?

Will mostly be used on 8.5" 300BO, 16" 5.56, bolt 308 and 30-06

I like having the option of two lengths and not too many choices of in-stock silencers these days :bored:

Edited by Wingshooter

I guess no one here has it or has seen one in action :shrug: I think I'll be the guiney pig and get it. I've watched a lot of reviews, and it seems to be getting 308 into the low-mid 130's db range and 300bo into the low-mid 120's. I lik the QD mount too.

here are some reviews:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/01/tyler-kee/hands-rugged-suppressors-surge-7-62/

Edited by Wingshooter

Ok so I'll reply....

Rugged has some good stuff going on and that looks like a great can! Love how they put the serial number on the most durable part of the can so they can repair/upgrade later on with no issues. 

I've got a Rugged Obsidian on the way...next year.  

• Like 1

Thanks Slappy! I thought I was in here alone on this one. Even started talking to myself, lol.

I went ahead and bought it! As soon as the ATF comes through with the paperwork,  I'll have it. Hopefully I'm not too old to shoot it by that time.

It's a little long in it's full size configuration,  but from all accounts it's quiet. Plus it was available. I think I will like the QD system.

• Like 1

It sorta seems to me the suppressor world has recently taken a nice leap in innovation....more companies making them all trying to outdo each other has really helped us a consumers.  

I have a Dead Air Sandman-L on order for my .30 cal can.  If the Surge was in Stock at the time I made my purchase, I would have had a difficult decision to make.  I wouldn't second guess yourself on your decision, it looks like a can that will stay relevant for quite some time to come.  The modularity of the Rugged cans is really appealing and seem to suppress well in either configuration.  

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to it. It's my first can, so hopefully I'll be happy with it. I feel like I need a .22 and .45 pistol can already though, lol. It stinks that I didn't get involved with it sooner before this rule change. 

The Sandman-L looks really good too. Super quiet from my research. 

• 2 weeks later...

Got a Rugged Surge and a Warrior 2 in 'jail' waiting for the stamps to come in.  

Sent out the third week of April and hopefully it will be coming in this month.  

Will post in this thread when I get it.  

Edited by Currently
7 minutes ago, Currently said:

Got a Rugged Surge and a Warrior 2 in 'jail' waiting for the stamps to come in.  

Sent out the third week of April and hopefully it will be coming in this month.  

Will post in this thread when I get it.  

Sounds good. I have a Surge and Spectre II in jail.

• 2 weeks later...
On July 6, 2016 at 10:18 PM, Wingshooter said:

Yeah... great shop! Are yours there?

On July 10, 2016 at 7:54 AM, Currently said:

Yep. 

Like the way they treated my grandson when I went there for the first time.  I then returned and started buying stuff from them.  

What is the name of the aforementioned shop? I am interested in purchasing a Rugged Obsidian + Surge locally.

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Currently said:

Got my stamps in today!

Ben at Gun Works said he got ten in today.  

Picked up the Rugged Surge and Warrior2 and will be trying them out tomorrow.  

Hey Wingshooter, did yours come in?

Awesome! I haven't got mine yet. I ordered in June. When did you order?