Site Glitch - PM Conversation Invites

Ok, KKing and I discovered an glitch which may be an issue to some.  If you are in a conversation via PM and you leave the conversation, the "Invite" button will not add you back in, and replies will also not go to you.  So if anyone is in a multi person conversation working a project, issue etc., then be aware of this so you don't leave a conversation you really want to be in.  New person invites are allowed though, so there is that.

TGO David, I added you into the PM conversation as a test, you can disregard and answer here if you like.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Not a glitch.   

It's the way the software works.  A person can only be invited to a conversation; they cannot add themselves.  Once a person leaves, the software assumes that they meant to and then does not allow others to add them back.

Reason:

1. I start a conversation with you and it's abusive.  I call you a jerkface meany head.
  2. You leave.
  3. I add you back.  I expand on why you're a meany head.
  4. You leave.
  5. I add you back and also insist that you were sired by a camel.
  6. You leave.
  7. I add you back...

See what I mean? :)

It's not an invitation to a PM then. :)  There's should be an accept/reject option for the invitee. Maybe a feature request? 

1. You invite me to a conversation, and I accept. I join, you are abusive and call me a jerkface meany head.
  2. I leave.
  3. You invite me back in to expand on why I'm a meany head.
  4. I reject your kind offer and don't join the conversation.
  5. You can invite me until you're blue in the face, and I would not accept, missing out on any camel references.

Isn't that how it should work? :)

• Administrator

Hey... I don't write the software. :D

This was actually reported as an issue with the developer back in 2015 but they offered a similar reasoning behind it as I did.  No camel, though.  May have been a squirrel or something.  But I digress.  They dismissed the bug report and said it was as they intended for it to be.

I may open another issue with them again and see if they will make it available with a companion option for people to reject or block the invitation, as you'd stated.