Military Pics & Comments Thread

Those are some great pics you all are posting.  The artillery/mortar shots are really good.  

I didn't realize that Chinooks can do mid-air refueling.

I'm old school, so I definitely appreciate the missiles that armybrat posted. 

My Dad worked on the Zeus, Hercules, Ajax, Hawk, Pegasus and Pershing missle systems...both stateside and in Europe. He was standing in the gap in Germany during Kennedy's trouble with the Commies.....then onto 'Nam to satisify Johnson.....

Army missles.jpg

Edited by ArmyBrat61
  • Like 1

My dad is a retired USAF chaplain. When we were at Kadena on Okinawa he was assigned to the 909th Air Refueling Squadron. He flew a lot of missions with those guys, including some to gas up the Habu, aka the SR-71 Blackbird. He has some great pictures from those flights. I'll try to get my hands on them, scan them, and post some up here. Of all the pictures he took in all the years around some amazing aircraft, those are still my favorites. Those and the Space Shuttle arriving at Tinker AFB, Oklahoma on the back of the 747. That was pretty cool too.

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 2

Just received a MONSTER kick in the head! Mum just emailed me this pic.....

That's little me in the back left corner.

The guy to my right was one of my best friends,Simonn McCullough. He joined the Paras in '92 & spent a year in Northern Ireland. He was killed by an IRA booby trap whilst pulling a republican flag from the side of a protestant school wall in '94.

The young kid one to the right of centre, back row is Adam Hope. He was recently promoted to Regimental Sergeant Major after 19 years service with the Royal Army Medical Corps. He made all the papers as being one of the last 2 British soldiers to be removed from Iraq. He & a company corporal were volunteering in a civvy hospital when the orders came through & basically told the Army to pound sand. They weren't leaving until ALL the civilians in the hospital had been evacuated to safety.

They got a severe reprimand & a Military Cross for Gallantry for that.

This is them now (right & left. Don't know the guy in the middle)

25730_10150151262940657_5213072_n.jpg

482067_10150950619502879_1339089193_n.jpg

• Like 2

Hah! The guy to the right of Simon McCullough ( 3rd from the left, back row) is Jamie McCormack. He's Royal Engineers, I think 18 years in & the sergeant on the front row is his Dad, who served with the Engineers in Northern Ireland & The Falklands (plus lots more I don't know of/can't remember)

And the caption is wrong. W weren't air cadets, we were Cadets of the Prince of Wales own Regiment of Yorkshire, the same regiment I went on to serve with, however briefly.

The little shady looking guy, second from the right, back row: I forget his name. It was David Verner.....he's now a multi-millionaire graphic artist & the kid 3rd from the left in the front row is Rob Holmes. Doing life for double murder. 

I had some......interesting......friends as a kid!

Sorry for all the edits, memory's a funny thing!

Sent from a mountain top, via telepathy.

Edited by robtattoo
  • Like 4