My Dillon 550 Broke Today

I have had my Dillon 550 for 7 years and estimate I have reloaded close to 200,000 plus rounds on it.  Today while reloading my machine broke down.  I called Dillon and they had me mail back the 550 and they said it will take about 3 weeks to get me a new one back.

ih2p3p.jpg

Edited by The Legion
  • Like 2

No added pressure on the handle just normal reloading over the years.  Looking back I could feel this coming on over the last week or so.  Thank goodness I have a lot of ammo built up.

Edited by The Legion

They have a very nice rebuilding program. It wouldn't surprise me if they go over the whole press for you. 

It sucks when something reliable breaks down. As Dwarren says man made stuff can and will break. 

Let us know how it turns out!

• Like 1

they will either re-build or replace the machine.  i sent one back to them several years ago for a rebuild.  came back like new.  they stand behind all things they sale, no questions asked.  hard to beat a company that will do than. 

• Like 1

Dillon and RCBS have always treated me right. RCBS rebuilt a progressive press I bought used and in pieces for nothing and I was upfront about everything with them. I thought for certain I'd be charged something but nope. Dillon's been good on tech questions and support as well. If you lose or break something you get a replacement. The above press in question here will be stripped down and either rebuilt with the necessary replacement parts or simply replaced. Its a question of how much damage and which is the most cost effective process for Dillon.

I don’t reload, but it’s great in this day and age to see companies that stand behind their product with excellent support when needed. Companies like Dillion and Smith & Wesson help keep the customer support levels of other companies up to par and help weed out those that don’t even try to compete on the customer support level.

thumbsup.gif for them!

• Like 2