Canik owners Unite

Any of you folks own Canik pistols?

I have 3, two TP9s and a C-100. I have found these pistols to be a good value but their prices are starting to go up.

I have a TP9-SA, TP9-V2 poly pistols and a C-100 all metal hammer fired pistol.

They are accurate and have pretty good triggers. The poly pistols have a decocker on the slide at the rear while the C-100 is a clone of the CZ 75B compact but with a aluminum frame.

I enjoy the way they fit me and the feel of the grip plus the TP9s hold 18 rounds in the mags,

If you have not checked out the Canik line of pistols I would suggest you do so before their price goes up any more.

I picked up a TP9-SA (V2) and really like it.  Holster selection isn't very good yet, and I'm still figuring out sight options mine is a later gun with dovetail front. I think it will take a glock rear and S&W front.

The trigger is impressive ant it has been 100% reliable for 300+ rounds so far. I may pick up another one for a bedside gun with a light & laser.

I have recommended it to a few guys looking for a more economical gun. The only thing I wish is for a compact version...

I too like the Canik pistols. My only one is the TP9sa, and like Steelharp's, it is the FDE/Tan model. I have close to a thousand rounds thru it with out a hiccup.

Would like to get one of the C-100 line, and even another TP9sa. The decocker doesn't bother me at all.

I'm still playing with the grips. I can't seem to decide which one fits me and allows the best shooting. I normally put the smallest grip on the pistols, but I think I'm getting better trigger pull/control on the TP9 with the larger grip. Any thoughts from you guys?

I've. Had mine for about 6 months and started having issues with the the trigger. After. Trip for some warranty work I got it back with the same issues. One email with videos and I got a reply with a shipping label for replacement. Got it back last week and no problems, this pistol ROCKS.

13 minutes ago, tercel89 said:

When spare parts become available like Glock parts then I will definitely get the TP9 SF . Right now that is the only thing holding me back.

Note to self send an email to century tomorrow to see about spare parts availability. 

I have no idea if they will sell parts or not... I'll pass on what I learn.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Sidecarist said:

Note to self send an email to century tomorrow to see about spare parts availability. 

I have no idea if they will sell parts or not... I'll pass on what I learn.

I called them about parts availability back around Feb or so earlier this year when I first heard about the new SF . They said no parts would be regularly available other than sending the whole pistol back if something went wrong or broke. For me that's too late. I like to have parts on standby or at least easy to buy at a moments notice. Hopefully that will change. I was asking about simple parts like recoil spring assemblies and extractors and such but they said no .

Thats a shame.  I will still call and ask about maintenance parts. Recoil spring, striker spring, striker, extractor & spring, mag spring. These are the items that give issues. More interest can't hurt...

Of course with the mess that just popped up in Turkey Canik pistols may become collectable (sort of).

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Sidecarist said:

Thats a shame.  I will still call and ask about maintenance parts. Recoil spring, striker spring, striker, extractor & spring, mag spring. These are the items that give issues. More interest can't hurt...

Of course with the mess that just popped up in Turkey Canik pistols may become collectable (sort of).

Well...at least I have 8 mags for mine.

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 9:06 PM, Sidecarist said:

I was thinking about the same thing with all the fighting in Turkey .