What grease do you like?

I've always used Aeroshell grease when installing AR15 barrels and buffer tube assemblies. As far as grease for the trigger and hammer assembly I've always used the grease Geissele sends you. After looking on the web, I found that the Geissele red grease is Mobil 28 and ordered some off Amazon. Scrolling through Google for ideas is like a Chevy vs Ford argument with the addition of people who probably haven't used any of them. That being said, I am curious what you guys use. And if any of your favorites are greases that you can buy in a local store. Honestly with the two above greases pretty easily obtainable, I may not even sway my choice but you never know. What say you?

• Like 1
On 7/13/2016 at 0:33 AM, kieefer said:

Lubriplate works for me :shrug:

Which Lubriplate, they make a bunch of different blends with different qualities? I'd have to go out and looks at the tube but, the one I use is water resistant. 

I use lubriplate in the winter for my AR and red high temperature wheel bearing grease during the summer and when it's going to work hard.

3 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Which Lubriplate, they make a bunch of different blends with different qualities? I'd have to go out and looks at the tube but, the one I use is water resistant. 

I use lubriplate in the winter for my AR and red high temperature wheel bearing grease during the summer and when it's going to work hard.

The tube I have is probably 30yrs old, there's not a part number or designation besides Lubriplate on it.

I don't believe I've even heard of Lubriplate but I'll check it out. Up until the EBR disease got me about 6 years ago, I'd only used Hoppes and Rem Oil. I'd never used grease for anything because I'd never built a firearm of any kind. I'd also never been told to use grease on the rails of my pistols. Always loved shooting and always kept my guns cleaned, but entering the world of AR's caused me to learn a lot of new procedures.

Is this still a thing? I thought we beat this dead horse last thing it was brought up here.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk