Prvi Partisan 10mm 180gr JHP

Some weak, pansy garbage.  Just barely 40 +p.  Same with the cheap S&B out there.  

Gitchoo some Sig Sauer. It's  a few more bucks, but at least 100 fps faster than both of those, and the Remington green and white box.  It's listed at 1250 fps, 624 lb ft.  So far it's the closest to "real" 10mm that I've found locally.  

Prvi specs from midway:

Ballistics Information:

• Muzzle Velocity: 1083 fps
  • Muzzle Energy: 469 ft. lbs.

That's pretty much like shooting 38 in a 357 case, imho. :/

S&B specs from midway:

Ballistics Information:

• Muzzle Velocity: 1164 fps
  • Muzzle Energy: 543 ft lb

At least a little hotter than most 40.

Do I buy some of the cheap euro junk 10mm?  Yea... cheap brass for reloading!  :-)

I normally only shoot Underwood.  Their 180gr JHP:

Ballistics Information:

• Muzzle Velocity: 1300 fps
  • Muzzle Energy: 676 ft. lbs.

Didn't realize Prvi was so much weaker.  

Came across some of the Prvi 180gr JHP for $25 for a box of 50.  The underwood is $36/50 for 180gr JHP.  

Think I will just stick with the Underwood.

Thanks

Edited by KahrMan
I can't splel
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, Patton said:

The Remington UMC 10mm ammo is good stuff and not a lot of money. It is nickel cased too. I paid about $25 for a box of 50 and got several reloads out of the cases before I gave them to a friend. 

Is that price for FMJ or JHP?

Yea, Underwood makes great stuff, as well as Buffalo Bore.  I'm disappointed that pretty much every Hornady offering is in the 525-550lb ft range.  I haven't bought any Underwood yet.  I make my hot stuff and have a few boxes of Sig's V Crown HP 10mm in case the zombies have really tough skulls.

Academy sells the weak Rem UMC for $31/box, and the mid range Sig for $28/box.  Cabela's in Bowling Green has a lot more options, but I don't remember the price.  I do remember they had PMC in hp and fmj, but the PMC offerings are weak as well.

When considering how poor of a HP design the Prvi stuff is, I pretty much relegate that stuff to FMJ in my mind.

2 hours ago, DaveTN said:

I don’t shoot a 10mm, but at $22.35 for 50 rounds, new, with a Hornady XTP bullet this looks like a pretty good deal from Freedom Munitions.  It must be on sale because the price is lower than their remanufactured.

https://www.freedommunitions.com/ammunition/pistol/10-mm/10mm-180-gr-xtp-new.html

This is a good deal...

The brass is probably worth 8 cents, the bullet 10 cents, the primer 1.5... Ya get the picture...

leroy