Hmm back when I filed a previous form 1 as an individual a couple years ago I was under the impression the ATF had specific fingerprint cards they wanted you to use? Like it had to be THEIR cards.

That is correct- they have a code on them ( forgot the acronym) that is needed. ORI code maybe?

Perhaps you can call them and see if you can put their code on the popo's form?

When I submitted my form 4 I used the local PD's print cards. They had the wrong ORI - I did call in and inform, to see if they would need different cards. If anything, it'd just come out as an error during processing and they'd send you forms to resubmit.

That said, I didn't get called/sent new forms. Just went about my business till one day the stamp came in. Huzzah, amirite?

The ORI is the originating institution, Local PDs and Morgues can order the print cards with their own ORI preprinted in that box since they usually submit prints to the FBI directly. In the case of the ATF they want the ORI number to be the ATF's since they will submit them to the FBI in this case. Most places I've been also have totally blank cards they typically use for training, that's the one you want to submit, with the blue or black lines so the ATF can add their ORI and send them in. Or you can wait for the ATF to get more preprinted cards and send them to you.

You can get cards from the local PD.. they need to be the blue on white, not red on white.. FD-258

Then be sure the ORI has

WVATF0800
ATF - NFA BRANCH
MARTINSBURG, WV

Most cards from the PDs will have their ORI on them.. just put a sticker over or hand write in the above ORI.

The ORI above properly routes the cards back NFA after the FBI checks them through IAFIX.

So I'm playing the waiting game again. Waiting on some of the new form 23s to come in. The responsible person questionnaire. I found the downloadable form online, but my printer wont duplex print, and to my knowledge the ATF will not accept single sided forms? 

Edited by reed1285
28 minutes ago, reed1285 said:

So I'm playing the waiting game again. Waiting on some of the new form 23s to come in. The responsible person questionnaire. I found the downloadable form online, but my printer wont duplex print, and to my knowledge the ATF will not accept single sided forms? 

High tech work around:

Print page one only.

Reinsert paper.

Print page two only.

Etc.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2
  • 5 months later...

They are called applicant fingerprint cards. I some departments that have them but don't give them out for free. They typically offer the fingerprinting say like $2.00. Some agencies require you to bring your own. You can order them online a quick search found a place for a pack of 50 cards was $20. I'm sure you could find cheaper.