Machine gun shoot

Mike Dresner (Lawenforcement Sales) and myself will be hosting a machine gun shoot in Sparta, TN at Flashpoint Tactical Solutions brand new range September 17th.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. 

I have a HK G36, UMP45 and 1919A4 I recently purchased that will be there, along with other guns I've recently built and added to my collection like my Saiga 12 full auto shotgun. Talked to a guy about a M134 Minigun today as well and made an offer. No promises it'll be there, but I'm trying to get one for people to shoot! Should know in a couple days when he said he'd call me back if he accepts the offer. 

Sept%2017th%20MG%20Shoot_zpsqioocjuk.jpg

• Like 3

This is a rental/spectator only event. Primarily because of insurance reasons, we don't want anything on the line we didn't bring. Mark, the range owner I'm sure wouldn't care at all if you used his range for shooting your full autos, but the 17th we just can't allow it that day.

23 hours ago, 173rdABN said:

The minigun will offically be there. I repeat. It will offically be there :)

Yeah right, anyone can say that. What we need is Proof of Life! You know, like a little video showing that the minigun exists and is actually working!  :D

14 hours ago, Obiwan said:

Yeah right, anyone can say that. What we need is Proof of Life! You know, like a little video showing that the minigun exists and is actually working!  :D

When I get home I'm taking it to get checked out, then I'll head to the range if everything's good to go and it's ready to be fired. Not gunna jump the gun on this thing incase somethings missing and I blow the rotor because of a missing spring or something stupid like that ($7,000 part and the heart of the gun). Once it's good to go, game on!

• Like 1
12 hours ago, 173rdABN said:

When I get home I'm taking it to get checked out, then I'll head to the range if everything's good to go and it's ready to be fired. Not gunna jump the gun on this thing incase somethings missing and I blow the rotor because of a missing spring or something stupid like that ($7,000 part and the heart of the gun). Once it's good to go, game on!

I have to ask where would one take a minigun to get it checked out definitely not you average gun smith 

On August 3, 2016 at 0:52 PM, raildog said:

I have to ask where would one take a minigun to get it checked out definitely not you average gun smith 

I'm lucky enough to be friends with guys that use them daily at work. They know a bunch about them and have armorers dedicated to them. 

On August 3, 2016 at 2:58 PM, hipower said:

I looked the thread over but didn't see anything on ammo pricing. Will it be similar to the Strategic Edge shoot?

And since the admission price is lower, I assume food and drink is a for sale item there?

Ammo prices will be slightly higher to accommodate the lower entry fee. It's most likely going to be .50 cents a round for anything not belted and $1 a round for anything belted. .22lr is going to be maybe .15 cents or .20 cents. Nothing's set in stone yet. Minigun ammo will probably be $1.20 a round to accommodate the maintance cost of the gun. 

Food will be for sale there, correct. I have a cater coming in grilling BBQ for us all day. 

5 hours ago, monkeylizard said:

A real store. Just getting their range finished up and this is the big way celebrate that.

http://www.flashpointtac.com/

What he said. 

The owner Mark is a good buddy of mine and we figured this would be an epic way to celebrate the range opening. Marks got some awesome plans for his place, so lots of changes in the future. Hopefully this shoot does well and we head back a couple times a year to make it a tradition. 

• Like 1