While I'm waiting for my stamp a few questions

Filed a form 1 for a stamp to build and SBR based on an Anderson Lower. I can buy a 10.5 Anderson Upper complete but wonder about if buying all the parts individually and building the upper would produce a better rifle. The finished rifle will have a suppressor and be for home defense. Checking around the internet many vendors are showing out of stock on short barrel uppers. Looking for suggestions on the best way to proceed. Have built one lower with a Palmetto State upper and it shoots fine but the fit and finish are not on a par with my M&P MagPul edition rifle. Suggestions would be welcome. Budget is flexible but would like to finish around 1k.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, that's on you. There is a learning curve to properly assembling an upper. Also, adding a supressor changes gas impulse, so there may be some trial and error to get it to run right. You would also have to buy tools for the assembly. 

Are you dead-set on 10.5? It is not the optimal length unless you're trying to replicate the Mk18. 11.5 with carbine gas is much easier to run supressed. It also less harsh when fired supressed and has optimal barrel dwell for a short barrel. And, stays in the optimal ballistic performance range a tad longer. 

You may be better served buying a upper already built that is purpose built to your needs. What supressor are you planning on using?

Omega 30 multi-caliber. I'm not sure of anything at this point. Most of the complete uppers I have found are 10.5 but longer is fine with me. Trying to determine complementary parts so I do not waste money buying stuff twice. 

Omega 30 multi-caliber. I'm not sure of anything at this point. Most of the complete uppers I have found are 10.5 but longer is fine with me. Trying to determine complementary parts so I do not waste money buying stuff twice. 

I would just go with an adjustable gas block so that you can tune the gas system, then you can run any length that you want. This is for 5.56 correct? My SBR is 300blk 10.5 running H2 buffer, if I had to do it all over again I would have just ran a standard buffer and adjusted using the gas block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk