m1 garand

jwhjwh54

Just got back from a trip from England and Germany and made me realize I need a garand. My Dad has one that I'll probably inherit but that won't be for awhile. Anyone know where to pick them up or is CMP still selling them?

• Like 1

CMP still has the best price in the business.  If they are still taking orders (I heard they suspended new orders to get caught up) go ahead and get on the list.  They have a finite supply and it is going fast.

They are not uncommon but street price is usually considerably higher than CMP.

Totally worth the drive to go to Anniston. Depending on budget, pick your grade. Also allow for a can of surplus ammo and a box of clips and GI sling. Remember not to shoot current production 30-06 through it without installing adjustable gas plug. 

17 minutes ago, Jct1911 said:

Totally worth the drive to go to Anniston. Depending on budget, pick your grade. Also allow for a can of surplus ammo and a box of clips and GI sling. Remember not to shoot current production 30-06 through it without installing adjustable gas plug. 

I'll call the Anniston shop and see if they have any in stock . If they do I'll probably head down there and thanks for the advice!

CMP is definitely the way to go. Check the web site first. Not only to make sure your paperwork is in order, but to be sure they're open. The Anniston CMP South store is scheduled to move in the near future. When that happens they will be closed for a while. Meanwhile, they've got some good close-out deals for walk in customers. ;)

In May the CMP halted orders to catch up on the backlog of waiting orders.  The CMP has a limited staff and the flood of new orders (panic buying) put them behind on inspections and so it made no sense to continue accepting orders until they are caught up.  The CMP has halted orders in the past to catch up 2005, 2007, and other times. 

Once backorders are cleared, an effort will be made to build up some kind of inventory to prevent new orders from overcoming the system.  There has been no date released as to when they will begin to take orders again, but they were several months behind when the halt took place.  

Recommend that you follow this link and sign up for CMP email alerts.

https://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/manage/optin?v=001rJNzy1LBqypni94HOgXhSWSZ5E59fNa_y5QO8ctFAIk6eX709j8svV-z7pi51yqTB-xlv_wO9C0ZQaWBgr68B1EBFSY_yosE  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 4:06 PM, jwhjwh54 said:

Just got back from a trip from England and Germany and made me realize I need a garand........

I made a trip to the CMP several years ago and purchased an M1 Garand and several cans of ammo.  Unfortunately I missed out on getting a Carbine.