Non Ethanol 93 Octaine gas?

26 minutes ago, peejman said:

I use that website, along with the Android (or Apple) apps all the time. The apps are basic, but functional... 

The only Gotcha is that everything is input by users... so some information is just wrong... Some stations get away from Ethanol Free, or change owners... Some folks just put in bad info...  But as the owner of a European performance motorcycle that doesn't care for Ethanol,  I rely on the app a lot. Plus Ethanol free is just better for our cars and usually (but not always) add an extra MPG or two. 

• Like 1

That ethanol is killing our vehicles!

i just had my cylinders off an 07 Harley street glide and they had a gold glaze on em. 

Sickening!

i usually run regular ethanol free in al of my equipment but the truck. 

my local Co-op sells all grades, look for one near you. 

Edited by Ugly
  • Like 1

Here's a long shot... do you know a pilot?  Get some AvGas!  100 octane, ethanol free, but it's not cheap. (about $4.75/gal) :P

I remember years ago when I lived in Illinois, my local Amoco station sold racing fuel (102 octane, lead) it was about 3x the price of reg unleaded but it made a world of difference in my old 65 Mercury!  :cool:

8 minutes ago, NextExit said:

Here's a long shot... do you know a pilot?  Get some AvGas!  100 octane, ethanol free, but it's not cheap. (about $4.75/gal) :P

I remember years ago when I lived in Illinois, my local Amoco station sold racing fuel (102 octane, lead) it was about 3x the price of reg unleaded but it made a world of difference in my old 65 Mercury!  :cool:

Except the gas we pilots use, usually 110LL, has lead in it.... The LL stands for Low Lead... Your car will thank you....well, except for the CatConv.... 

Pure Gas (the app and site) are a good place to bookmark and download...

Except the gas we pilots use, usually 110LL, has lead in it.... The LL stands for Low Lead... Your car will thank you....well, except for the CatConv.... 

Pure Gas (the app and site) are a good place to bookmark and download...

My muscle car will love the lead - now where to find some.....
Here's a long shot... do you know a pilot?  Get some AvGas!  100 octane, ethanol free, but it's not cheap. (about $4.75/gal) [emoji14]

Where I grew up was about 15 minutes from a dirt race track. The gas station nearest to it sold 101 (I believe) octane racing fuel. In high school when me and my buddies got paid we would always go get a few gallons to feed the mighty worn out old 350 V8's we had in our trucks. Boy, we thought we were something lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, Hershmeister said:

My muscle car will love the lead - now where to find some.....

lebanon airport - looks like the 100 leaded is $4.71 there now.  If it's like the ones in KY they'll sell to anyone with containers but won't let anyone top off a vehicle (for obvious reasons).

51 minutes ago, KKing said:

Where I grew up was about 15 minutes from a dirt race track. The gas station nearest to it sold 101 (I believe) octane racing fuel. In high school when me and my buddies got paid we would always go get a few gallons to feed the mighty worn out old 350 V8's we had in our trucks. Boy, we thought we were something lol

Unless it was a sunoco station, more than likely that was purple from monster or renegade fuels.  102 octane was the standard, monster/renegade have tennessee and kentucky on lock down with cheap fuel.  Very few places had VP, nor did drivers want to pay VP prices.

Edited by Sam1
25 minutes ago, KKing said:

We had a place that sold Turbo Blue at one of their pumps, if memory serves it was advertised as 108 octane.  I tried it once, it shot a purple flame about 18" out the tailpipe of my 400 big block.  Had a lot of fun that night!  

Save the avgas for airplanes. It's not a good idea in cars for several reasons....

As stated, it contains lead. It'll mess up any car with emissions equipment. It'll clog up cats and cause sensors to fail. 

It's illegal for road use. I seriously doubt you'll find an airport that will let you fill up your car, most won't even let you fill up a 5 gal can. If they get caught selling you leaded gas for anything other than airplanes, they'll get fined by the EPA. 

It doesn't burn efficiently in naturally aspirated or low compression engines. 100LL is harder to ignite and requires higher compression, most cars will make more power on 87 pump gas. The reason it blew a big fireball was build-up of unburned fuel in the exhaust. 

That said, race gas sure does smell good. 

2 hours ago, Sam1 said:

didn't know that was illegal, is that something recent cause i know back just 7-8 years ago they (may hypothetically) have still been selling it in KY.

IIRC Any fuel that hasn't had the highway fuel tax applied at time of purchase is illegal to use on public roads. I.E. AV gas, agricultural diesel, ect.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, 2.ooohhh said:

IIRC Any fuel that hasn't had the highway fuel tax applied at time of purchase is illegal to use on public roads. I.E. AV gas, agricultural diesel, ect.

I think it depends on the state and if they even enforce it.  When I lived in NY, I added a second tank to my Jetta (diesel) to run waste veggie oil.  NY said it was legal but a guy in Illinois was slapped with some hefty fines by the state for burning non taxed fuel.  Those days are over now that diesel isn't $4+/gal and it's a PITA collecting and filtering veggie oil.

45 minutes ago, NextExit said:

I think it depends on the state and if they even enforce it.  When I lived in NY, I added a second tank to my Jetta (diesel) to run waste veggie oil.  NY said it was legal but a guy in Illinois was slapped with some hefty fines by the state for burning non taxed fuel.  Those days are over now that diesel isn't $4+/gal and it's a PITA collecting and filtering veggie oil.

I don't know about leaded gasoline but TDOT enforces the usage of farm diesel for on road use. It's dyed so it's pretty easy to test on the side of the road.