Just when I thought I was out...

dbla

...they pulled me back in...

So a couple years ago I was super into Firearms, and began building a nice little collection. THEN my interests drifted to custom knives, and most of the guns went to make room for those... Now, circumstances have brought me back to where I started and I just picked this up a couple days ago... Now the question is... what to grab next...

22XGKpq.jpg

While not exactly the same, I have been guilty of selling stuff from one hobby to fund another.  "Ooooo.... I totally need a new Olympic White Strat with a maple neck.  That basic AR is kinda superfluous now since I built some others."  OOOORRRR "I totally need that M&P10 since I don't have a 308 AR yet.  I don't need this funky zebra wood Gibson Thunderbird."

:D

I think every man needs a nice 44 mag, either Smith, Ruger, or Colt.  And do you have a nice AR yet?

Edited by musicman
20 minutes ago, dbla said:

No and I think that's next. Gonna build one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you meant to say you're "Gonna build you're first one".  I think several in this group will agree that once you build one there will be another and another and.......

• Like 3
I think you meant to say you're "Gonna build you're first one".  I think several in this group will agree that once you build one there will be another and another and.......

Haha that's fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to build one for the experience and knowledge and something to play with but where to start an AR build? I have machined an 80% lower and put a Delton upper from Mid South Shooters Supply on it, not quite the same as from scratch. What are some good sources with info; options in the build, what's important if, and then how to. 

51 minutes ago, BigEsboy said:

I would like to build one for the experience and knowledge and something to play with but where to start an AR build? I have machined an 80% lower and put a Delton upper from Mid South Shooters Supply on it, not quite the same as from scratch. What are some good sources with info; options in the build, what's important if, and then how to. 

This is fun http://www.ar15builder.com

Good info here about building http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/lid=11004/guntechdetail/how_to_build_an_ar-15_video

16 hours ago, Pete123 said:

Hmm... You couldn't go wrong with a nice SKS, AK 47 or AR 15  

It's hard to go wrong with a quality milsurp bolt action rifle.

Coming back to handguns, what's not to love about a Springfield Armory 1911?

One of each, 2 of many, 3 of some.... :)

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, peejman said:

One of each, 2 of many, 3 of some.... :)

Day one, right? And then on day 2 you multiply the first number by 2 and so on until you have a decent assortment of mags?

Hello, I'm Mark A and I have a magazine acquisition problem...

At least I don't currently have any mags that I don't also have the gun for. I've been known once or twice or 15 times (but who's counting) to find mags for a gun I THINK I might buy and grab them for future use and then never get the gun...

16 minutes ago, Mark A said:

I've been known once or twice or 15 times (but who's counting) to find mags for a gun I THINK I might buy and grab them for future use and then never get the gun...

Guilty.  :-(

And I just filled another storage bin with AR mags yesterday. :-D

On 8/2/2016 at 9:15 AM, Mark A said:

Day one, right? And then on day 2 you multiply the first number by 2 and so on until you have a decent assortment of mags?

At least I don't currently have any mags that I don't also have the gun for. I've been known once or twice or 15 times (but who's counting) to find mags for a gun I THINK I might buy and grab them for future use and then never get the gun...

I bought a case of G3 mags for the same reason. I do not own a G3.

Yet.

Edited by gjohnsoniv
On August 2, 2016 at 9:15 AM, Mark A said:

Mags? Not mags, firearms. One of each, 2 of many, 3 of some, ...

On 8/1/2016 at 3:24 PM, musicman said:

I think every man needs a nice 44 mag, either Smith, Ruger, or Colt.  And do you have a nice AR yet?

I DO have a Colt Stainless Anaconda .44 mag, but I SHOOT my Dan Wesson .44 mag.  It is built like a TANK and a pleasure to shoot.  My wife likes to load .44 special and take it to the range.  I go through phases where I think, this thing is too heavy.  Then I realize that I am holding a .44 mag.  It is NOT a carry gun.  Who cares if it is heavy.  it is fun to shoot and can be purchased for less than $700.  And it has really neat interchangeable barrels.  Not sure why I would ever want the 2 inch barrel on there, but if I ever do--I can.  In case anyone has not looked lately--Colt Snake wheelguns are selling for CRAZY prices now.