Doberman wanted around Christmas

DaveTN

Three years ago I lost my best friend Harley. It was so hard on us that we didn’t know if we wanted another dog or not. I think it is time.

We will be looking for a puppy. The dog will be a house dog, not kept outside and treated as well as anyone could hope for.

I have a very large fenced property with plenty of room to run.

We have some travel plans that interfere with us doing it right now, but we will be looking for a dog we can get around Christmas. We both have plenty of time off then to spend getting our new family member acclimated to its new home.

If you are aware of any pups due around this time frame; please keep me in mind.

Thanks

This is Harley; feel free to post picks of your kids.

Harleycellphonewallpaer1_zpsb3ee9970.jpg

• Like 2

Dobies are awesome...we are on #2 and #4 right now (Holly, 5 and Tiberius, 6 mo).  #1 was Ben, and #3 was Axl - some on here may recall all the health issues we had early this year with Axl and we ended up losing him.  Tiberius is the newest puppy and is a lot of fun.  Just bought him an orange and white collar today getting ready for football season, lol.  My youngest son is 20 and my other two sons have already moved out...we treat these dobies like kids also.  They sleep in our bed and are part of the family.  B 

If you aren't set on a puppy, we have adopted 3 from Fla.  Look up Gary Veldhaus at Ce ntral Florida Doberman Rescue.  He is in Lake Placid FL and has some beautiful ogs available.   If I could sneak a couple past the warden they would be sleeping on the couch now  

I'm currently puppysitting for my oldest son while he's in the process of moving. She's a 6 month old dobie mix rescue. Definitely got the doberman body and common black/tan markings. But the head shape and ears are wrong. What the rest of her is, we ain't got a clue. Although I think there may be a bit of some kind of a retriever in her as she just loves water. She likes to play in the rain and if there's a puddle anywhere around, she'll head straight for it. Also, fetch is her favorite game. 

But I gotta tell ya, she's wearing this old man out. At this age she's all run, jump, teeth, claws and way too much energy. She craves constant attention and is always under foot. Gotta watch her like a hawk because she's in that puppy "chew on everything" stage. Especially Me! .:wall: I know she's just playing and doesn't mean any harm, but my hands and arms look like I've been rasslin' a chainsaw. :dropjaw:

I love her, but just like a kid, she a steady source of both satisfaction and aggravation. :rolleyes: 

• Like 2