World War Z Question

So I'm watching the movie again (bored on a Friday night, start making fun now) and I have one question... 

If the answer is to infect humanity with a TERMINAL illness, what's the point? Doesn't that wipe out humanity no matter what? Apparently I missed this the first time around. I suppose the answer is that they make a vaccine to a terminal illness and that works, but in reality how long does it take for that to actually happen? 

I believe the point was to infect people with diseases that have a cure. A last resort temporary measure to get to safety with the cure administered before the disease progresses far enough to endanger the person. At least that was the way I took it. :shrug:

The movie wasn't too bad, but the book was sooooo much better. 

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Tedro2022 said:

I'll have to read the book.  

What at I just picked up on in the movie was the "terminal" part. I'm no physician, but doesn't that pretty well mean that you're gonna die? 

Zombies are dead. 

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

It was camo so they could fight the zombies........like mowing the yard and the grass doesn't attack you.

Book was so much better and would make a killer mini series. Soo many stories you could tell that aren't even in the book. 

• Like 1

The terminal illness was only for front line guys, likely to walk past them, then rescue others trapped. And use one that had a vaccine you could take immediately after mission. It was merely a stop gap to save as many as possible before they found a cure or not for the actual disease causing it.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to add a +1 to the book being better than the movie. Not that the movie was bad, but they should have just named it something different. No way the book could be made into a movie. I groaned and knew there was no way it would be like the book when I saw Brad Pitt was doing it.

Reminds me that I need to go back and read the book a 3rd time.  I am a sucker for doomsday type stuff. 

Not that it is Zombie based, but has anyone read the Grid Down series of books by Hemming?

Just depends on what zombie world you are talking about. In TWD, seems like nothing slows them down aside from brain damage. So I guess if they can crawl around dragging 1/2 their spine, rigor mortis is probably not going to happen. In World War Z (the movie), they seem less "dead" than infected. Kind of the crazed feral zombie.  

I just take a healthy dose of "suspension  of disbelief" with my zombie movies. I enjoy them more. lol

I did like in 28 Days Later that they explored zombies "dying" when they ran out of stuff to eat.

15 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

I did like in 28 Days Later that they explored zombies "dying" when they ran out of stuff to eat.

That's because they weren't zombies, still live humans, just infected with the rage virus. They didn't seem to eat period, not even their victims, all they did was try to kill.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
2 hours ago, Oh Shoot said:

That's because they weren't zombies, still live humans, just infected with the rage virus. They didn't seem to eat period, not even their victims, all they did was try to kill.

- OS

Guess I was just being broad in the general idea of "zombies". Little too broad maybe.

Thanks for checking my details OS.