Added a New CC Handgun

I sold my only sub compact a few months ago & was left with nothing but full size or large compact handguns in my collection. Carrying full size hasn't been a problem, but I wanted something easier to conceal that would give more carry options. I used to own a LC9 (hammer fired). It was the perfect size, had great ergonomics, & a smooth trigger, but the long trigger pull affected my accuracy. I've been hearing a lot of positive things about the LC9S' trigger for a while now so I finally ordered one in "flat dark earth". After shooting it at the range I have to agree 100% with the positive reviews. The LC9S' trigger is at least 1 1/2 lbs lighter than the LC9 & about half the pull length. It's not fancy, but will fill an empty slot in my carry rotation.

LC9S_zpslmxfml3s.jpg

• Like 2

I've heard they have improved it loads.  Sounds like you're verifying that.  Sometimes we need a super small carry piece... I still like J Frames, but if the LC9S is as reliable as several have told me, I'll have to give them some thought. 

I I hope you enjoy it and it's perfectly reliable for you....

11 hours ago, DaveTN said:

I don’t think I have ever held one of these. Isn’t it the same size as the Shield? They need a .40S&W offering.

Yes. It's the same size as the Shield, but IMHO has a better grip & trigger. I agree that other caliber offerings would be beneficial. 9mm is the smallest caliber that I'm comfortable with for self defense. Here's a good comparison video by Hickok45 if you're interested... 

Ok...I'll be the bad guy. I've owned and shot both models of the LC9. Yes the "s" model is better than it's predecessor, but I'm still a Shield man.

Last gun I bought was at the meet and greet at Everything Weapons. It was the Performance Center Shield.

Like Musicman...I love it. Just works better for me.

And no...not dissing the LC9 in either form. Just my choice.

57 minutes ago, hipower said:

Ok...I'll be the bad guy. I've owned and shot both models of the LC9. Yes the "s" model is better than it's predecessor, but I'm still a Shield man.

Last gun I bought was at the meet and greet at Everything Weapons. It was the Performance Center Shield.

Like Musicman...I love it. Just works better for me.

And no...not dissing the LC9 in either form. Just my choice.

I welcome & respect your opinion. That keeps life interesting. A few of us went to the range a couple weeks ago & we enjoyed trying out each others firearms. In fact, while we were there, a young couple walked up & asked us about our handguns & some advice about firearm safety. It turned out they were newlyweds in their early 20's & it was their first trip to a range. He said he had only fired a gun once in his life & had just bought a SCCY & was bringing it to the range that evening to shoot it for the first time. By the time the range closed he got to try out my SIG P229, SR9, LC9S, my friends' Shield 40 & Colt AR15, & my dad's LCP. He said it was more fun than he ever expected & they were grateful we were willing to let him try so many guns. We all exchanged info & will probably get together again sometime.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, luvmyberetta said:

I welcome & respect your opinion. That keeps life interesting. A few of us went to the range a couple weeks ago & we enjoyed trying out each others firearms. In fact, while we were there, a young couple walked up & asked us about our handguns & some advice about firearm safety. It turned out they were newlyweds in their early 20's & it was their first trip to a range. He said he had only fired a gun once in his life & had just bought a SCCY & was bringing it to the range that evening to shoot it for the first time. By the time the range closed he got to try out my SIG P229, SR9, LC9S, my friends' Shield 40 & Colt AR15, & my dad's LCP. He said it was more fun than he ever expected & they were grateful we were willing to let him try so many guns. We all exchanged info & will probably get together again sometime.

You did good buddy! I've had the unique pleasure of helping a few new young shooters as well. I found it to be so much fun that I often didn't shoot for myself on those times.

Back on the LC9/s. My problem was that I found, for me anyway, the little pistol had a pretty snappy recoil. Considerably more than the Shield.

But as you say, that's what make this all so interesting for us. Thankfully we all don't like the same things and that gives us the opportunities to buy other guys castoffs. lol

Edited by hipower

The LCP9s is a MAJOR improvement over the regular LC9. I helped a friend pick one out for his wife for Christmas last year. Even got Gander Mountain to price match it down to $359 new! Not bad at all.

***edit*** Forgot to mention I plan to buy one for my wife. Just make sure you have the upgraded guide rod. Hers came with the original that caused it not to go into battery correctly. Called Ruger, they had the new part to him in a few days.

Edited by NoBanStan
On 8/8/2016 at 9:03 PM, NoBanStan said:

The LCP9s is a MAJOR improvement over the regular LC9. I helped a friend pick one out for his wife for Christmas last year. Even got Gander Mountain to price match it down to $359 new! Not bad at all.

***edit*** Forgot to mention I plan to buy one for my wife. Just make sure you have the upgraded guide rod. Hers came with the original that caused it not to go into battery correctly. Called Ruger, they had the new part to him in a few days.

+1. I think Ruger started shipping them with the the new guide rod shortly after they released the LC9S. Mine was manufactured March of 2016 so it has the new style guide rod. Ruger's CS is great. They're always quick to take care of problems.