Great Burger Place and it's NOT POSTED!!

I wish we had a "Carry Friendly Locations" thread to match the "Carry Prohibited Locations" to give the places that are gun friendly the credit they deserve :x:, but, I'll just put this here for now.  

I've been going to Merv's at the foot of Signal Mountain on Mountain Creek Road lately to enjoy their excellent burgers and fries. I've been going about once or twice a week for the past few weeks and have noticed no postings. They do serve beer, but since I don't drink and have a pocket pistol (380 Seecamp), I most always have it with me and Merv's was no exception. I was there last Friday for lunch and noticed a man and woman walk in. I noticed they were common folk like most of us both dressed for the weather in shorts, tennis shoes and tee shirts. I also noticed the man was open carrying a mid sized semi-auto I think was a Shield which was very visible on his right side as he was sitting on the outside of a booth. They were waited on and served by both waitresses at some point during our visits and you would have never known he was openly armed. So, I wanted to make our members aware that we have a good place to eat that is firearm friendly for those times you're hungry and want to support a place that supports us. They also have a new location in Soddy Daisy across from the Home Folks restaurant, but I've not been there so, I'm hesitant to say it's not posted, but there's a good chance it's not. 

Edited by Randall53
11 minutes ago, Randall53 said:

I wish we had a "Carry Friendly Locations" thread to match the "Carry Prohibited Locations" to give the places that are gun friendly the credit they deserve :x:, but, I'll just put this here for now.  

Good idea...maybe a sticky....

Carry friendly places need to be supported...

• Like 2

I'll have to try this place out! Also, with the new gun sign laws in place, just about every "gun buster sign" is improperly posted. In fact, I haven't seen even a handful of businesses that are properly posted anymore. Cheers to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 8/12/2016 at 7:12 AM, TGO David said:

Merv's is great.  Do they still only accept cash and keep an ATM in the restaurant?

Sorry David for the delay to answer you post, but they now accept credit cards. I agree Merv's is great. Small menu but their burgers are the best and the only reason we go there. My wife and I can only eat about half of the home made french fries though. Their fries reminds me of Five Guys. They serve about twice the amount most people can eat.

Edited by Randall53