Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
KaNuckles

Big Sandy Duck Blind Drawing and Newbie Duck Hunting Tips

Recommended Posts

I went to the Big Sandy blind drawing this weekend. I've never been duck hunting nor have I ever been to a blind drawing. I got an opportunity this year so I put in with some people. My ticket was drawn 8th. All the stories you hear about people offering $$$$ for top spots is true. I turned them down of course. We are hunting in one helluva spot. The blind we got is supposed to be a top 5 blind most years. We have to rebuild it this year. Any tips for a newbie duck hunter would be appreciated. Mostly I plan on just watching and learning from the other guys in the blind. I shoot trap and skeet occasionally. Should I be hitting the skeet range or do I need to start hitting the sporting clays course?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think will matter, just practice shooting when you can, it will be a lot of fun, just get in the middle of them and enjoy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can practice but I recommend you just go shoot them but take the following into consideration.  80% of the ducks that are missed is because we don't lead them enough and are behind them.  The other 20% are missed way behind.

Edited by MP5_Rizzo
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the replies. I can't wait to get in the blind. I will definitely keep your advice in mind. More lead might help me on the skeet field.

 

Edited by KaNuckles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hit the skeet range first then sporting clays. Skeet will teach you leads and gun movement. Focus on long crossers, chandelles, and teal on the sporting clays range. Heck if you could run over to Carroll County and shoot I can meet you if you get a chance.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines