Oops!!! Need a little help.....

Jenny1234

9 hours ago, graycrait said:

How did this go? Did you get it fixed?   If it were me and it has been with other people's Glocks, (OK, I have jacked up a Glock or two) anyway, pm me if you have not fixed this, I have "discombobulated" a fair number of Glocks.  

Thanks, but I "fixed" the problem. I just positioned the slide as if the weapon were in battery and was able to pull the trigger.  Then I was able to remove the slide per the usual procedure.   I was then VERY careful to put the barrel in right side up!!!!!!!!!! :)

1 hour ago, musicman said:

Just for fun, when I get home tonight I'm going to try and see if it's even possible to put a barrel in upside down in my M&Ps.  :-)  I'm just curious at this point. 

Jenny, I'm glad you got it fixed!

Well, it sure works in a G19. Drops right in too, almost like it belongs that way. I doubt that I would have ever discovered it without this thread, though :)

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Jenny1234 said:

Thanks, but I "fixed" the problem. I just positioned the slide as if the weapon were in battery and was able to pull the trigger.  Then I was able to remove the slide per the usual procedure.   I was then VERY careful to put the barrel in right side up!!!!!!!!!! :)

This has been one of the more original threads I've read here lately as I learned something new and was pleased to see how quickly Jenny problem solved it and put it to rights.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, musicman said:

Just for fun, when I get home tonight I'm going to try and see if it's even possible to put a barrel in upside down in my M&Ps.  :-)  I'm just curious at this point. 

Jenny, I'm glad you got it fixed!

Oh please don't do that!!!!!! :)

5 hours ago, mikegideon said:

Well, it sure works in a G19. Drops right in too, almost like it belongs that way. I doubt that I would have ever discovered it without this thread, though :)

Does same on G17 and G26 too. You can even latch the recoil spring to the ridge on top of the barrel.

- OS

• Like 1
21 hours ago, RED333 said:

I work with my hands, can do stuff not looking, can even tell what kind of screw driver is needed just by feel of the head of the screw. Guess I have seen just about all there is now. Bet ya dont do that again.

Bet I don't either!!!!! :)

On August 15, 2016 at 6:13 AM, Patton said:

That's a first. I have heard of people, including myself, putting the slide on without the barrel. Can you not squeeze the trigger and then take the slide off the frame? 

Hey Patton, that's exactly what I did to solve the problem. I just had to position the slide in the correct position before pulling the trigger.   Thank you for your help!!!!

3 minutes ago, Garufa said:

I cannot duplicate this on a Gen 3 19.  Not that I'm trying too hard but it just won't go.

I did NOT actually try to put the slide back on either of them btw, if that's what you mean. Like Mikey, I just put the barrel in upside down to check "fitment".

- OS

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

I did NOT actually try to put the slide back on either of them btw, if that's what you mean. Like Mikey, I just put the barrel in upside down to check "fitment".

- OS

Unfortunately I was able to put the slide back on.  Didn't take any picts but believe me it can be done!!!!  

6 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

- OS

You've got Glocks now?  Dang, it's only been two months since we last went shooting and you've  taken on a whole new platorm.  :lol:

Heck yea I tried to put the slide on.  Didn't get up on it or anything but it's not gonna go. What kind of scientist are you? :P

Edited by Garufa
Just now, Garufa said:

You've got Glocks now?  Dang, it's only been two months since we last went shooting and you taken on a whole new platorm.  :lol:

Heck yea I tried to put the slide on.  Didn't get up on it or anything but it's not gonna go. What kind of scientist are you? :P

Ha.  Have I done the .................. impossible????!!!!!   :)

1 hour ago, Jenny1234 said:

Oh please don't do that!!!!!! :)

Challenge accepted, lol!

So I can get the barrel in upside down on both an M&P Pro 5" gun and a Shield.  

The Pro

20160816_163631_zpshl47irpf.jpg

But the rsa won't go in

20160816_163656_zpsfysdha1e.jpg

And Shield, same thing

20160816_163816_zpsjdupujjg.jpg

Since I couldn't get the springs in, I didn't bother trying to put the slide on the guns like this. It also seemed like the top (now bottom) and the chamber block mah have been too tall to allow the slide to go on with the barrel flipped.

Regardless, that was a fun waste of 5 mins. :-)

• Like 1