Ammo Display Case

KahrMan

I got this in an auction.  I had been looking for a way to store some of my ammo and thought this was pretty cool.  It's more of a nostalgia thing really.  It reminded me going to the hardware store when I was younger and seeing all the ammo on display.  It was pretty rusty and paint was peeling off the wood pieces.  

I took it a part and started cleaning.  Got all the rust and peeling paint off.  Scraped and cleaned the glass doors.  Gave it a coat of fresh spray paint and put it back together.  Turned out pretty good.  The plastic insert sign did not clean up very well but that just adds to the charm.

Edited by KahrMan

I've got a trophy case built into my entry way and thought about doing something similar with it. Since it is easily viewed by the outside when I answer the door I thought better of it, but the thought still pops into mind from time to time.

Yours looks great! :up: 

Good work, buddy. I like that.

I found a salvage store several yeas ago while out on my route that had bought a freight carload of damaged Hazardrous Materials cabinets.

I bought a 60'' x 36" x18" just to see how it would work, and that's all I get that day. Went back the next day and they were all gone.

Anyway, it's a very good storage cabinet. Lockable, and vented. And very heavy! And that's before the ammo placed in it.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.