Thanks to Apex Tactical

I wanted to share my experience regarding Apex Tactical.  As many may know, this company is a source for after-market quality parts for several firearms, especially the Smith & Wesson M&P lines.  I have installed several Action Enhancement Kits and triggers.  Have been completely satisfied with results and any minor company support on technical issues.  I have a M&P 5" Pro that I use for IDPA, etc.  I thought I would install the semi-drop in barrel which requires 'a little' customizing.  Well I had nothing but trouble....primarily mis-fires, lite primer strikes with factory and reloads.  After several conversations with Apex staff they asked that I send the gun to them.  They would 'make it right' and I would be charged for shipping and ammo only; no gunsmithing charges.  So I did.

Of course the M&P line was never known as an out-of-the-box tack-driver.  The early models like mine were especially unkind to accuracy.  My gun was in their shop for several months, and I imagine it was more difficult than most to rectify the issue(s).  Anyway, it is my understanding they did a gunsmith fitted barrel, test firing, shipping and a T-shirt to boot all on their dime.  They say you can't rush quality and below is the proof:  this is at 25yds, machine rest, 10 shot, 1.56" group.

Thanks Apex

IMG_0052.JPG

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

They replaced a broken trigger spring free for me last year.   Only problem was they should have never shipped the spring that I had initially installed.  It was a duty/carry kit for my M&P45.  It broke with less than 300 rnds,. Guy that gave me the RMA number made the mistake of telling me that the geometry was not correct and were prone to breaking.  He said they are replacing them as they break.  He didn't seem to concered that it was my EDC. I got a little fumed over the situation.  FYI: The spring broke firing second round of a 2 day combat pistol / carbine class. I refuse to use their springs in anything that I carry.