Alright, Which One of You Was in the Co-op Today?

gjohnsoniv

Hmm? Guns to small to be wearing it at folks enough so throw on a 30 round mag for extra bling?

Or someone hasn't spent enough time shooting tactical Tupperware pistols with extended mags like that to find out there's a difference between range shooting and real world carry.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Wingshooter said:

How does he even sit down? :rofl:

That's exactly what I was thinking, every once in a great while I carry my 34 with a +2 mag extension.  As soon as I sit in my truck I remember why it's every once in a great while.

I would have had to followed him to his car to watch how he positioned himself in the seat.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I find this type of thing not good for our cause.  Many people especially those that don't believe in the Second Amendment rights can find this visually offending and intimidating. I carry every day of my life but I do believe in what they call "carrying concealed".  I wonder what he carries in the winter ? LOL!!!!!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, sybo said:

Unfortunately I find this type of thing not good for our cause.  Many people especially those that don't believe in the Second Amendment rights can find this visually offending and intimidating. I carry every day of my life but I do believe in what they call "carrying concealed".  I wonder what he carries in the winter ? LOL!!!!!

I agree.

It reminds me of the picture someone posted of a guy with a rifle on a shoulder sling that was pointing at the person behind him in line at the store. (In a state that allows open rifle carry)

I don’t care who you are or how well you are trained; sweeping someone with the muzzle is not acceptable. I feel the same way about open carry in an unsecured holster; it may not be illegal but it’s a rookie mistake.

4 hours ago, DWARREN123 said:

Some folks just like to show off.

That's a good assessment and in line with the "wearing a gun at people" line of reasoning. Though most who do so claim its in order to assert their 2d Amendment Rights its really rubbing things in other peoples faces. In reality it comes down to being an attention whore for the majority of the folks who do this stuff.

Edited by TNWNGR
  • Like 1

He will be the first one shot if an armed robbery takes place where he is shopping at. I have no clue why people want to become target # 1 in the event of a armed robbery? I carry every time I walk out my door but I am the only one that will know it if something happens and I need to use my weapon for defense purposes..........jmho

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

He will be the first one shot if an armed robbery takes place where he is shopping at. I have no clue why people want to become target # 1 in the event of a armed robbery? I carry every time I walk out my door but I am the only one that will know it if something happens and I need to use my weapon for defense purposes..........jmho

Or a group of gang bangers decide they want that Glock with the big azz magazine; they will take it.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, KKing said:

Is he the smartest? Nope. Am I going to whine about how someone carries if they're doing it safely? Nope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would argue the safely part.  He's using an Uncle Mike's holster and it's overloaded at that.  Anyone who wanted that gun could have ripped off without second thought. I mean come on, Uncle Mike's is the joke of the holster world.

You want proof that if an armed robber sees you with a gun he will deal with situation?

If you're going to present it as anything more than your opinion, yes. If that's your opinion, fine. Presenting facts and proving it is a different matter.

If you don't have any stats to back it up, it's an opinion, and that's ok.
10 minutes ago, KKing said:

If you're going to present it as anything more than your opinion, yes. If that's your opinion, fine. Presenting facts and proving it is a different matter.

If you don't have any stats to back it up, it's an opinion, and that's ok.

As a Police Officer I was trained that walking into an armed robbery will get you or someone else shot. A friend of mine did just that on a hold-up alarm because he thought the perp was gone. He wasn’t; he took him hostage and shot him with his own gun.

Getting shot because you are carrying a gun isn’t an opinion it is fact. Here is my proof.

https://www.odmp.org/

As a Police Officer I was trained that walking into an armed robbery will get you or someone else shot. A friend of mine did just that on a hold-up alarm because he thought the perp was gone. He wasn’t; he took him hostage and shot him with his own gun.

Getting shot because you are carrying a gun isn’t an opinion it is fact. Here is my proof.

https://www.odmp.org/

Dave, surely even you can see the difference in carrying as a plain clothes civilian and as a badged and uniformed officer
  • Moderators

Proof or no proof, surely it is decent common sense that if an armed robbery is taking place and then the robber notices Joe Smith over here with a Glock with extended magazine hanging out of his britches, if anyone is getting shot it's going to be Extended Glock Man.

Think a robber is going to stop and wonder/ask if he Joe is a police officer off duty or just a civilian exercising his right to carry?

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, KKing said:

Dave, surely even you can see the difference in carrying as a plain clothes civilian and as a badged and uniformed officer

No I don’t. An armed robber isn’t going to check ID’s because he doesn’t care if you are a cop or not. It doesn’t matter whether you are a plain clothes cop, uniformed cop, security guard or private citizen with or without an HCP; if you get to that gun you have the ability to kill him or send him to prison. So unless you are waving your hands in the air surrendering and dropping to your knees; he has a second to deal with that threat. If you follow his commands he may left you live; if he thinks you are going for that gun; probably not. Or he may just kill you because he really doesn’t care.

Don’t get me wrong. I could not care less if you open carry. Better you than me. I am not suggesting the legislature deal with it. We are just discussing tactics.

Edited by DaveTN
  • Like 1
  • Moderators
No I don’t. An armed robber isn’t going to check ID’s because he doesn’t care if you are a cop or not. It doesn’t matter whether you are a plain clothes cop, uniformed cop, security guard or private citizen with or without an HCP; if you get to that gun you have the ability to kill him or send him to prison. So unless you are waving your hands in the air surrendering and dropping to your knees; he has a second to deal with that threat. If you follow his commands he may left you live; if he thinks you are going for that gun; probably not. Or he may just kill you because he really doesn’t care.

Also add to the matter that generally speaking criminals are not known for making the most rational decisions.

• Like 1
Proof or no proof, surely it is decent common sense that if an armed robbery is taking place and then the robber notices Joe Smith over here with a Glock with extended magazine hanging out of his britches, if anyone is getting shot it's going to be Extended Glock Man

Think a robber is going to stop and wonder/ask if he Joe is a police officer off duty or just a civilian exercising his right to carry?

You said it all when you said "proof or no proof". Which is the point, there is no proof to back up the statement. I don't care if it's true, I asked if they could prove it. Which of course I knew the answer, because there are no facts to support it.

My point of civilian vs. uniformed police officer is that it literally takes zero to no situational awareness by a bad guy to see a badge and uniform. They may not be as astute to see a handgun on a guy's waist. Entire outfit vs. one thing on a belt...no comparison. I don't really care where you stand on open carry. I simply wanted someone to prove that there was substance behind the "he'll get shot first" garbage that gets repeated every time the open carry discussion gets had, and of course there are no facts to it.
  • Moderators

You said it all when you said "proof or no proof". Which is the point, there is no proof to back up the statement. I don't care if it's true, I asked if they could prove it. Which of course I knew the answer, because there are no facts to support it.

My point of civilian vs. uniformed police officer is that it literally takes zero to no situational awareness by a bad guy to see a badge and uniform. They may not be as astute to see a handgun on a guy's waist. Entire outfit vs. one thing on a belt...no comparison. I don't really care where you stand on open carry. I simply wanted someone to prove that there was substance behind the "he'll get shot first" garbage that gets repeated every time the open carry discussion gets had, and of course there are no facts to it.

Can you at least admit that if a guy was robbing a convenience store and notice that you were open carrying, you might stand a better chance of getting shot vs if you were concealing?