Anyone having luck fishing?

I like small rivers and large streams but as of late most places I like to go are roiled up because of the rain so no luck.

Anyone having any good luck?

What is your favorite type of fishing?

Come on people brag a little on your fishing prowness.

• Like 1

With all this rain you can come and fish out of my front yard and probably catch something.  Not sure if it is hitting everywhere, but Fairview is receiving rain on a daily basis, multiple times per day.  We're down to mowing our yards every 4 days.

According to the weather service we are suppose to have some cooler weather this week so son in law is bringing the Skeeter to me to use this week. I'm going to try and fish some on Old Hickory and Percy Priest lakes and see if I can still remember how to fish and drive a bass boat...............:cheers:

• Like 1

Watts Bar is looking pretty muddy, and the boat traffic is definitely down.

My kids caught a few catfish and some sunfish there and in the Clinch River recently, but I don't even get a line in the water anymore (always baiting hooks, pulling snags, etc.)

- K

Wading the creeks have really paid off lately. The harder they are to get to the better.  Catching lots of Redeye,  largemouth and a few smallies, oh and a ton of bluegill. Ultralights with 6lb test and anywhere from knee deep to chest deep. Sorry, can't give up the lure of choice.

• Like 1

I've caught more cats this summer than I know what to do with.  Switched over to bass after I filled the freezer.  It's been hit or miss on Old Hickory.  Some days the action is really good, others I wonder if all the fish just died.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, 10-Ring said:

I got into white bass really good yesterday caught 13. There's nothing like catching them in the jumps and getting a fish every cast!

That is the best.  I love fishing for whites when they are running.

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 5:15 AM, DWARREN123 said:

I like small rivers and large streams but as of late most places I like to go are roiled up because of the rain so no luck.

Anyone having any good luck?

What is your favorite type of fishing?

Come on people brag a little on your fishing prowness.

Right before the crappy rain started my little girl caught these Bluegill and Sunfish in Dover Tn not too far from your location. There was enough meat after cleaning them to fill up a whole gallon freezer bag !  I was busy baiting the hook the whole time that I hardly had time to fish. Those Bluegill and Sunfish add up fast and most people over look them. Plus the fun of watching your little girl catch fish is AWESOME .

gallonfish2.jpg

gallonfish.jpg

• Like 1
On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 3:08 PM, toby1304 said:

Wading the creeks have really paid off lately. The harder they are to get to the better.  Catching lots of Redeye,  largemouth and a few smallies, oh and a ton of bluegill. Ultralights with 6lb test and anywhere from knee deep to chest deep. Sorry, can't give up the lure of choice.

Wading and fishing in Caney Fork River  is awesome . I've fished that river wading and in a canoe for around 5 years now and I love it .

Edited by tercel89
spelling
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 1:59 PM, gregintenn said:

For most of us, it's been:

Look for Work

Rain

Rain

Mow

Mow again

Rain

Mow Again

Fix Mower

Repeat

I know I haven't been fishing in a while. I'd love to also.

My reality.  And to complicate things, I blew out another eye last week (retinal detachment)

• Admin Team
2 hours ago, KahrMan said:

What were you catching and on what?

Mostly rainbows and a few brown.  We had a bunch of kids with us, so the fly rods stayed home.  I was on a St. Croix ultralight rod with a Shimano Stradic spinning reel.  Most of them were caught on 1/8 oz holographic spinners from Walmart.  I don't know what it is about those rigs, but they always produce in freshwater.  They come in a pack of 5, and Walmart is the only place I've ever seen them.  

• Like 1
  • Admin Team
2 hours ago, R_Bert said:

how often you get over this way?  I am less than a mile from the Clinch, & ~  15 minutes from Peach Orchard ramp.

I was a little further down the river.  My in laws are on the river in Clinton proper.

That said, I'd love to fish with some TGO'rs.  Next time I get over that way I'll give you a shout.

3 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

I was a little further down the river.  My in laws are on the river in Clinton proper.

That said, I'd love to fish with some TGO'rs.  Next time I get over that way I'll give you a shout.

You were even closer, then.  Do give a holler.