My first Smith. 686 Plus.

I decided to buy a new one. The Hillary hole doesn't bother me much! I like the 2.5 inch barrel. Also, the barrel is not overclocked like I've seen on other new Smiths.

Already ordered a Simply Rugged holster last week.

Here it is next to my EDC, a Glock 19, for a size comparison.

Looking forward to breaking it in Thursday!

4c68c1cadce6b2178c01d76ef7c96f89.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

I have the 6". Had a member here make a holster since no one else did. Probably never carry it in public but need (or wanted more like it) to tote it in something. 

357 mag is a handful in mine at the range. Hang on to yours for sure. 

Just now, jhc77 said:

I have the 6". Had a member here make a holster since no one else did. Probably never carry it in public but need (or wanted more like it) to tote it in something. 

357 mag is a handful in mine at the range. Hang on to yours for sure. 

I think I'm gonna bring my 44 mag to compare! Maybe then the 357 won't seem so bad. LOL

• Like 1
1 minute ago, suspiciousmind said:

I think I'm gonna bring my 44 mag to compare! Maybe then the 357 won't seem so bad. LOL

I wore a glove the first few times I shot mine with mags. You can feel the heat sometimes. 44 mag might push and kick where the 357 just kicks. Haven't shot 44 to compare. Just take a "high" grip. Like the web between thumb and index almost touching the hammer.  

• Like 1
On 8/23/2016 at 8:53 PM, jhc77 said:

I wore a glove the first few times I shot mine with mags. You can feel the heat sometimes. 44 mag might push and kick where the 357 just kicks. Haven't shot 44 to compare. Just take a "high" grip. Like the web between thumb and index almost touching the hammer.  

The best way I can describe it is the 44 mag is a long, slow shove, while the 357 is like hitting the web of your hand smartly with a framing hammer.

• Like 3

Congratulations the 686 is the best revolver ever made. (Yep, I said “ever”)

For a 2.5” carry gun you might want to look at the 66 K-frame. Of course it will cost you more than that new L-frame. biggrin.gif

Next, try a 4 or 6”. They are amazing target guns out of the box.

True quality revolvers are addicting no matter who makes them S&W, Ruger Colt.

• Like 1
On August 28, 2016 at 9:44 AM, DaveTN said:

Congratulations the 686 is the best revolver ever made. (Yep, I said “ever”)

For a 2.5” carry gun you might want to look at the 66 K-frame. Of course it will cost you more than that new L-frame. biggrin.gif

Next, try a 4 or 6”. They are amazing target guns out of the box.

True quality revolvers are addicting no matter who makes them S&W, Ruger Colt.

I have acquired wheel gun fever!! I never was much of a Smith guy, but I am in love! 

6 hours ago, suspiciousmind said:

I have acquired wheel gun fever!! I never was much of a Smith guy, but I am in love! 

It's hard to be a wheel gun guy without being a Smith guy. I have owned a bunch of S&W revolvers over the years. Never owned any other brand except for my single action. I have tried to buy others. Just never could warm up to anything else.