How far do you have to go to get a gun?

Guest JLowe

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest canynracer
I carry everywhere, even the Bathroom, because I am a certified Bathroom Ninja. And I got a certificate to prove it.

I can competently carry in the shower because at the Tacticool Ninja Academy, we practiced wet naked soapy shampoo semi-auto hot-water steamy shower firing training- They set up a real hot shower on the firing line, then we had to get naked and they would put shampoo in our naked eyes, and while we were gettin' the burnin' soap out of our naked eyes we had to exit said shower, grab our pistols with our soapy hands, slippery wet feet, and soap-blinded eyes, and then neutralize 10 ninjas bearing samurai swords charging into our "bathroom" with our water-resistant air-soft training glocks. That farce-on-farce training experience taught me to carry everywhere.

The farce-on-farce Bathroom Ninja training only costs $2500 for the week-end, and they give you a certificate and even supply the ammo- I am certified to both Dry Fire AND Wet Fire, and Hair Drier Fire, too. And soapy fire, and lather-rinse-repeat fire, too.

We also did some toilet training- but I'll post an in-depth AAR on that later in a more appropriate forum.

This made my night!! thank you! ROFL

Guest shadow12
Usually, one is in my pocket other than that I can usually reach something bigger without moving off my butt. I might have to stand up to get to a long gun.

You stand up, does the union know that you do that without getting paid? That sounds like more work than you do at work:)

Further than I would like. There is a shotgun in my room and a revolver in mom's. Hopefully, I can remedy that soon.

Phantom, I'll be dropping by tomorrow before work to talk to you.

I keep a j frame in the bedroom and it would be hard to get to if someone kicked in my front door while I was stretched out in the recliner. I could stash handguns all over the house, but then I would have a security issue when I leave home. Although we live in a very peaceful and nice neighborhood with people at their homes most of the time, I never leave home without having my firearms locked in the safe(except the one I'm carrying).

It is usually on me. Kids at home and well, with my CTAC it is completely comfortable. There is another one where some valuables are kept, and if I were forced to get them, I would go to grab valuables and miss and pull out a .38. So in summary, they are always close.

My XD-40 stays on my hip except while sleeping, then between mattress & box springs or showering, it on the vanity next to the shower.

I picked up an OWB holster from Guns & Leather and I hardly even notice it's there.

Paranoid? No Prepared? Yes!

My gun would be less than about 5 feet away from me. If there is a suspicious looking car or someone suspicious even near my house, my dog would let me know. By that time, i would already have one in my hand. And if someone wanted to act crazy and do a drive by because i do live in memphis, they better be ready to go to battle because they will get shot at 2 blocks away both ways outside my cove. I am grateful i live in a cove because its one way in and one way out ;).

Guest Major Pain

When I relax I'm sitting in my tactical lazy-boy with a perfect little compartment on each side of seat cushion so I can just drop my hand on either side and reach my J-frame or DS. LCP stays in pocket all the time and the Judge sleeps on the nightstand. Model 10 Smith stays hid between clean towels in bathroom. No children in house.--MP

Guest pjblurton

It's funny how your mind works when you start carrying a weapon all the time.

I was laid out in the recliner in my pj's last month and thought the EXACT same thing. What would I do? What COULD I do? If someone kicks in the front door I'm stuck sitting there with my pecker in my hand. (Not exactly defenseless, but close...)

I can't carry a full sized .40 in my jimmy jammies. The dog might help, she's a Great Dane rollin' 'bout 130lbs. But how much time does that buy me? Not enough to cross the path in front of the door and get to the bedroom.

So, since then, I keep the carry weapon next to me in the recliner on late nights after I change clothes.

I am good to go if I'm in the bedroom, theres guns all over the place in there, just never thought about late nights in the recliner until then though.

I can't carry a full sized .40 in my jimmy jammies.

No, but, I'd be willing to bet you could be pretty comfortable with a 342 in yer jammies pocket. I picked one up at the gunshow Saturday. By my calibrated hand, it weighs less loaded than a 442/642 empty. A little sagging in my sleep pants, but, it's fine sitting in my recliner. :chill::D

Did I mention I really really really like my 342?