Bersa .380 CC

TNMP40

Does anyone own one and have you had any issues to stove piping?  Just picked on up and went to the range and out of 100 rds twice I had a jamb and 

had to pry the one casing out with my knife.  Anyone else have this issue.  The reviews that I read all said this gun is great.  

Thanks

22 hours ago, TNMP40 said:

Thanks for the input bersaguy... do you recall what ammo you were using? I am wondering if it was the ammo I used?

I have used a couple different brands of ammo over the years. Back then when ammo was less costly I was using Blazer and Monarch and I ordered a bulk supply of Fiocchi FMJ 95 gr and tried a little of it and it performed very well. I 'm glad I was able to get a good stock of 380 ammo before it went through the roof. Good luck with your Bersa. Like I said I have a about 4 Bersa's and love them.

• Like 1

New guns sometimes require a bit of "break-in"... I wouldn't trust anything for protection without at least a couple of hundred rounds through it.

That being said, if problems persist, it's just about got to be weak ammo or magazine related.  There just isn't much else to go wrong on a fixed-barrel blowback gun like the little Bersa.

On August 27, 2016 at 9:50 AM, TNMP40 said:

Does anyone own one and have you had any issues to stove piping?  Just picked on up and went to the range and out of 100 rds twice I had a jamb and 

had to pry the one casing out with my knife.  Anyone else have this issue.  The reviews that I read all said this gun is great.  

Thanks

I had a bersa .380 for years and never had any trouble with it. I shot multiple brands of ammo out of it no issues. I would still have it, but my daughter wanted it. I did not have the CC model.  Having to pry a case out does not sound good. If it's new, I would contact Bersa or the dealer that sold it to you. 

I'd clean it, put a grease type lubricant on it and give it another chance. I'd be tempted to clean it dry and manually rack the slide back and forth a fee hundred times before I greased it up. Limp writing can make any semiautomatic pistol jam. I've never shot a Bersa but this the first complaint I've ever read about as far as reliability goes. What lubricant are you running?

My Bersa .380 cut its teeth on PMC.  Avoid the Winchester pig-nosed fodder and the Sellier & Bellot FMJ.  When you reassemble after cleaning, make sure the recoil spring goes back on the barrel with the slightly larger diameter end towards the muzzle (whichever way is more snug).  Turning the spring so that its "tail" is in the 12 o'clock position over the muzzle may help prevent jams.  

Edited by gun sane

Make sure you have the spring on correctly. If you have it reversed it can cause jams. I believe the spring diameter is a little smaller on one end and that is the end that needs to be placed on the barrel first. You may want to google this to be sure.

On 8/30/2016 at 0:41 AM, gun sane said:

My Bersa .380 cut its teeth on PMC.  Avoid the Winchester pig-nosed fodder and the Sellier & Bellot FMJ.  When you reassemble after cleaning, make sure the recoil spring goes back on the barrel with the slightly larger diameter end towards the muzzle (whichever way is more snug).  Turning the spring so that its "tail" is in the 12 o'clock position over the muzzle may help prevent jams.  

Yep I was shooting Sellier & Bellot.  First time I ever bought that brand.  I just ordered some ammo from Palimino and will try that out.  Also cleaned and lubed the gun up.  I really like how it feels in my hand and fits in my pocket.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you clean and lube before you fired it?  Many make the mistake of simply firing as is right out of the box.  Also many guns are ammo sensitive.  Would avoid grease and use Mobil 1 or similar oil.  Make sure chamber is very clean initially; makes for sticky extraction.  That is really the only part of the barrel I am concerned with. 

A stuck case can be a run of ammo where the mouth of the case wasn't crimped enough to take the belling off the case mouth. Try a few different ammo brands. Don't make any judgments on the gun before about 200 rounds are through it.
I have owned a Bersa and have several friends that do. I sheepishly admit to hearing less of problems from them than top dollar guns. It'll do well for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2