Colin Kaepernick

Omega

Just curious, but why has there never been a thread about all the players that talk to each other during the anthem or stand with their hands gripped tight onto their shoulder pads?  Why was this never an issue for anyone until a player actually had a legitimate reason to be "disrespectful?"

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Capbyrd said:

Just curious, but why has there never been a thread about all the players that talk to each other during the anthem or stand with their hands gripped tight onto their shoulder pads?  Why was this never an issue for anyone until a player actually had a legitimate reason to be "disrespectful?"

Because they aren't protesting in the same vein as BLM.  I'd imagine that's the crux of the outrage for some.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

Probably because HE made a big production of it and "legitimate" is questionable.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I think he has already made his bed and now he will have to lay in it. If the 49's drop him I would guess his football career is over because only a very stupid team would ever sign him again. It would be poison for that team............jmho

I don't know, Vick got picked up when I thought he didn't have a chance.  With the NFL it's all about the money so if they need a QB I think they might sign him.

I'm surprised (although I shouldn't be) at the number of people that want to argue he has the right to do what he did and say what he said. Of course he has those rights.

And the NFL team owners have the right to cut him or get rid of him if they don't agree with what he is doing, as long as they do it within the bounds of any contacts they have with him.

I don't want him on any team I support and won't give any financial support to any team that hires him. I think it would be great if his NFL career were over because of what he did.

“Oppresses black people” That is offensive to me and is untrue of my country. He is a perfect example of why it is a lie.

1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

I don't want him on any team I support and won't give any financial support to any team that hires him.

Just by watching the NFL, you're financially supporting the team that hires him (as long as he's playing).  Revenue sharing from media agreements nets each team over $220 million, and any time teams play, they split the revenue from the ticket sales.  That's before you get into the issues about how the league on whole being competitive keeps every team financially solvent, so just by supporting any team, you're supporting the 49ers, and by extension Kapernick.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, btq96r said:

Just by watching the NFL, you're financially supporting the team that hires him (as long as he's playing).  Revenue sharing from media agreements nets each team over $220 million, and any time teams play, they split the revenue from the ticket sales.  That's before you get into the issues about how the league on whole being competitive keeps every team financially solvent, so just by supporting any team, you're supporting the 49ers, and by extension Kapernick.

Don't be bringing those pesky facts around here!

• Like 1
  • Moderators
7 hours ago, DaveTN said:

I'm surprised (although I shouldn't be) at the number of people that want to argue he has the right to do what he did and say what he said. Of course he has those rights.

And the NFL team owners have the right to cut him or get rid of him if they don't agree with what he is doing, as long as they do it within the bounds of any contacts they have with him.

I don't want him on any team I support and won't give any financial support to any team that hires him. I think it would be great if his NFL career were over because of what he did.

“Oppresses black people” That is offensive to me and is untrue of my country. He is a perfect example of why it is a lie.

The truth is often an offensive thing to those with a vested interest in maintaining a status quo built upon not seeing it. 

• Like 2
On September 4, 2016 at 0:16 PM, Omega said:

I don't know, Vick got picked up when I thought he didn't have a chance.  With the NFL it's all about the money so if they need a QB I think they might sign him.

What Vick got into was terrible, he served time for it, and appears (on the surface) to be a better person for it.   The big difference between him and Colin is that Vick actually has talent. 

The free market is speaking:

The San Francisco 49ers quarterback currently has the fifth-best selling jersey on NFL.com, less than a year after it was put on clearance sale.

Ironically, Kapernick doesn't see a direct profit from those sales, the profits are pooled along with every other jersey sale and split between the current maker (I believe it's Nike at the moment), the teams, and the players as a whole.

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, btq96r said:

The free market is speaking:

The San Francisco 49ers quarterback currently has the fifth-best selling jersey on NFL.com, less than a year after it was put on clearance sale.

Ironically, Kapernick doesn't see a direct profit from those sales, the profits are pooled along with every other jersey sale and split between the current maker (I believe it's Nike at the moment), the teams, and the players as a whole.

Doesn't even make the top 25 here:

http://www.nflshop.com/pages/Top_Selling_Jerseys