Jump to content

 

Sign in to follow this  
monkeylizard

CBS News: Does this gun make me look fat?

Recommended Posts

The day I wear a lace corset to carry my gun is the day someone better smack some sense into me. 

All I really want is for 5.11 to start making sizes larger than a Large so my boobs aren't pancaked down. Or don't make the shoulders so large that a men's looks ridiculous on me. 

If a woman is more worried about how she looks versus situational awareness, chances are carrying is a waste of her time anyways. With that said, all my Glocks are NiB-X so clearly I do have SOME taste. :bowrofl:

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KahrMan    1,885
1 hour ago, MrsMonkeyMan2500 said:

The day I wear a lace corset to carry my gun is the day someone better smack some sense into me. 

 

Hold on now, don't be so hasty...:devil:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, KahrMan said:

Hold on now, don't be so hasty...:devil:

Get in line! There's tons of people willing to smack my face. LOL

I'm just tired of the drastic difference and no middle ground. You either get super frilly and useless or you look like a woman named Deb with a mullet! :bored:

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
peejman    2,775

I got my wife a holster from TWAW, and other than having some purple, it's basically just a kydex holster.  The curvature is a little tighter than a typical men's holster and it fits her pretty well. 

If having a little bling makes her more apt to carry, I'm fine with that.  Lace corset?  Flannel pj's is about as good as it gets.      

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, peejman said:

I got my wife a holster from TWAW, and other than having some purple, it's basically just a kydex holster.  The curvature is a little tighter than a typical men's holster and it fits her pretty well. 

If having a little bling makes her more apt to carry, I'm fine with that.  Lace corset?  Flannel pj's is about as good as it gets.      

I'm all about custom Kydex or anything practical. What I dislike is the twiggy bimbos in daisy Dukes with the boobs hanging out while holding an AR like its an ice cream cone and not eyes/ear protection. 

This is a semi-biased hobby/activity/sport/industry. We can't become equals if we act like bimbos. I'm all about wearing what makes you comfortable, but I don't take em serious if it's pink and I see panties. 

The first time hot brass pops down your shirt, is the last time you want that to happen. I've learned the hard way. No more v-necks at the range, no flops. Might not be sexy, but it's safe.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SWJewellTN    1,841
38 minutes ago, MrsMonkeyMan2500 said:

I'm all about custom Kydex or anything practical. What I dislike is the twiggy bimbos in daisy Dukes with the boobs hanging out while holding an AR like its an ice cream cone and not eyes/ear protection. 

This is a semi-biased hobby/activity/sport/industry. We can't become equals if we act like bimbos. I'm all about wearing what makes you comfortable, but I don't take em serious if it's pink and I see panties. 

The first time hot brass pops down your shirt, is the last time you want that to happen. I've learned the hard way. No more v-necks at the range, no flops. Might not be sexy, but it's safe.

My wife turned down all semi-autos after hot brass went down her shirt. She will only shoot revolvers now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SWJewellTN said:

My wife turned down all semi-autos after hot brass went down her shirt. She will only shoot revolvers now.

Monkey had a S&W when me met. My big German hands did not care for it at all. I'm a semi-auto only. Disturbingly, I've really become a huge Glock fan. I've forsaken my 1911 and everything. It's either my Glocks or my AR we built. I have yet to even shoot my DPMS SASS Gen 2!! Might need to do that this weekend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mamba    6
17 hours ago, MrsMonkeyMan2500 said:

All I really want is for 5.11 to start making sizes..

The wife has a shirt from 5.11 but had it custom tailored, so yeah, I get it. Most of my casual wardrobe is 5.11 but I'm okay with the tactical look; her, not so much. As for the NiB-X Glocks, she's more into Duracoat...both her Glocks are purple.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hipower    4,041
2 hours ago, MrsMonkeyMan2500 said:

Monkey had a S&W when me met. My big German hands did not care for it at all. I'm a semi-auto only. Disturbingly, I've really become a huge Glock fan. I've forsaken my 1911 and everything. It's either my Glocks or my AR we built. I have yet to even shoot my DPMS SASS Gen 2!! Might need to do that this weekend!

Young lady, you seem to have a problem there. Don't like the Smith revolver? That's just wrong. And dumping 1911s for Glocks...that's worse. lol

Hey, each to his/her own favorites. If it don't fit you for any reason, pass it on. I never was fond of the 1911 platform or the AR. Always those damn plastic pistols as my brother-in-law calls them.

Glocks, Xds, Sigs, all of them. Then I bought a 1911, at his instance; and I was hooked. You know...a real metal framed gun, something with some weight to it. Went back to shooting my namesake guns....the BHPs. Then CZs and a slew of 1911s.

Then the rifle bug got me. Aks and then ARs. But that got expensive, so I had to get the number down to one of each...sadly.

My Glocks are just sitting around looking...well like sad, unused Glocks. I even sold a couple of them. Gasp!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hipower said:

Young lady, you seem to have a problem there. Don't like the Smith revolver? That's just wrong. And dumping 1911s for Glocks...that's worse. My Glocks are just sitting around looking...well like sad, unused Glocks. I even sold a couple of them. Gasp!

So... These "sitting around Glocks"... Any 26's? 29's or 20's? LOL

I still enjoy a 1911, but I prefer my NiB-X Glocks! My 29 is my EDC and I carry a few more with me just in case.

4 hours ago, Mamba said:

The wife has a shirt from 5.11 but had it custom tailored, so yeah, I get it. Most of my casual wardrobe is 5.11 but I'm okay with the tactical look; her, not so much. As for the NiB-X Glocks, she's more into Duracoat...both her Glocks are purple.

I'm a yoga pants and tank top girl. I wear a belt around pants with no loops just so I can tuck my IWB. LOL

As the the purple, more power to her, but I need a gun to be a gun. I have a friend who got a LC9 in "muddy girl pink". She's a total chick. I'm more the chick you chug beer with. My names not Deb... LOL but I prefer to avoid anything pink or purple when it comes to guns. My AR15 is as fancy as I got an that's simple Black and FDE.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
peejman    2,775
48 minutes ago, MrsMonkeyMan2500 said:

So... These "sitting around Glocks"... Any 26's? 29's or 20's? LOL

I still enjoy a 1911, but I prefer my NiB-X Glocks! My 29 is my EDC and I carry a few more with me just in case.

I'm a yoga pants and tank top girl. I wear a belt around pants with no loops just so I can tuck my IWB. LOL

As the the purple, more power to her, but I need a gun to be a gun. I have a friend who got a LC9 in "muddy girl pink". She's a total chick. I'm more the chick you chug beer with. My names not Deb... LOL but I prefer to avoid anything pink or purple when it comes to guns. My AR15 is as fancy as I got an that's simple Black and FDE.

Yoga pants, tank tops, and chugging beer...  Monkey is quite fortunate.

 

No belt necessary.... 

http://www.undertechundercover.com/original-concealment-legging.html

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, peejman said:

Yoga pants, tank tops, and chugging beer...  Monkey is quite fortunate.

 

No belt necessary.... 

http://www.undertechundercover.com/original-concealment-legging.html

Ohhhhhhhhh!! Now that's more like it! I'm ordering a pair tonight! Thanks! Good grief. There goes $330! Between you and Willis I'm gonna get in trouble! Luckily I am making a kick ass dinner!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hipower    4,041
2 hours ago, MrsMonkeyMan2500 said:

So... These "sitting around Glocks"... Any 26's? 29's or 20's? LOL

 

Sorry, no. I did sell a G20 to a friend. I just wasn't man enough evidently to handle the 10mm. I just didn't get comfortable with it. Might try again in a steel frame sometime.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hipower    4,041
7 minutes ago, MrsMonkeyMan2500 said:

I've been thinking about a Rock Island 1911 in 10mm. But I mean, why? My 20 holds double the capacity and I love it. Besides, Willis just made me buy a knife.... :cheers:

I almost traded the 20 for a Rock 10. But thought better of it at the time.

Yeah, that willis...our resident dealer for our knife fixations. lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, hipower said:

Yeah, that willis...our resident dealer for our knife fixations. lol

The funniest part was I just bought that ZT0900 for Monkey and told him (Willis) I wasn't a knife girl. I mean, I buy GT's because they're art. But then I saw that Jade Green Tanto and it made me buy it!

Edited by MrsMonkeyMan2500

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hipower    4,041
17 minutes ago, MrsMonkeyMan2500 said:

The funniest part was I just bought that ZT0900 for Monkey and told him (Willis) I wasn't a knife girl. I mean, I buy GT's because they're art. But then I saw that Jade Green Tanto and it made me buy it!

I understand. I'm lusting after the ZT0900 myself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, hipower said:

I understand. I'm lusting after the ZT0900 myself.

Monkey loves his. I did good on that secret purchase. But now he's jealous of what I just ordered! So I can't win!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hipower    4,041
Just now, MrsMonkeyMan2500 said:

Monkey loves his. I did good on that secret purchase. But now he's jealous of what I just ordered! So I can't win!

Men. What ya gonna do with us. lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
peejman    2,775
15 hours ago, hipower said:

Men. What ya gonna do with us. lol

Cooking us a kick ass dinner while wearing your new concealed carry yoga pants, a tank top, and drinking beer sounds like a fine start to me. Just sayin'... 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hipower    4,041

Sounds good, peejman! A bit sexist perhaps...but good.

Since my medical retirement...I cook, clean, and sit around in my underwear. Yoga pants don't look good on me.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
peejman    2,775
3 hours ago, hipower said:

Sounds good, peejman! A bit sexist perhaps...but good.

Since my medical retirement...I cook, clean, and sit around in my underwear. Yoga pants don't look good on me.

Merely repeating what she said she was doing....

 

That would imply you've tried on yoga pants....   :eek:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hipower    4,041
2 hours ago, peejman said:

Merely repeating what she said she was doing....

 

That would imply you've tried on yoga pants....   :eek:

They are very...slimming. Yea...slimming. And comfy.:hiding:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, peejman said:

Cooking us a kick ass dinner while wearing your new concealed carry yoga pants, a tank top, and drinking beer sounds like a fine start to me. Just sayin'... 

Dinner was pretty ok! I made ravioli with homemade alfredo and browned mushrooms with thinly sliced steak. It was a hit with Monkey after working all day. 

As for the yoga pants, I don't know what kind you're wearing that are slimming... But that sounds uncomfortable. I wear loose leg, cotton. Much more comfortable! ;)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.
TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.
Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.
×