New KALASHNIKOV weapons!

JohnC

Looks like they're going to build some NICE weapons! 

The bolt gun looks like an Accuracy International AX to me as well. :yum: 

NEW Kalashnikov Concern RPK-16 Machine Gun, VSV-338 Sniper Rifle, SVK Marksman Rifle & PL-15 Pistol

Our friends at Kalashnikov Concern sent us promotional footage of their new firearms and kindly allowed us to publish it.

The RPK-16 is being designed as a potential replacement for the RPK-74 squad support weapon, the VSV-338 is a long range sniper rifle is chambered for .338 Lapua Magnum. The SVK Marksman Rifle was developed at the request of Russian special operations forces for a tactical semi-automatic marksmen rifle. it is chambered in 7.62x54mmR and in 7.62x51mm. The PL-14 / PL-15 Pistol was designed for the Russian military and may be adopted as the new service pistol.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/09/14/new-kalashnikov-concern-rpk-16-machine-gun-vsv-338-sniper-rifle-svk-marksman-rifle-pl-15-pistol/

Edited by JohnC
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Ok I'm officially 1000% more interested now.

I saw these on IG from the AK operators Union but that they couldn't be had in US due to the Russian import ban.

15 hours ago, JohnC said:

It doesn't take an advanced degree in business to know there are plenty of buyers who would jump on those here in the US.  The import ban is an annoyance, but quite circumventable with a US based company under the current laws.  If they can make a product as quality built as the good old AK, they'll have customers.

6 hours ago, btq96r said:

It doesn't take an advanced degree in business to know there are plenty of buyers who would jump on those here in the US.  The import ban is an annoyance, but quite circumventable with a US based company under the current laws.  If they can make a product as quality built as the good old AK, they'll have customers.

Seems all quality US AK makers are selling them about as fast as they can make them, like PSA and DD.

WASRs being generally unavailable or bumped in price by the few places that held them back is contributing to that too.

- OS

1 hour ago, Oh Shoot said:

Seems all quality US AK makers are selling them about as fast as they can make them, like PSA and DD.

WASRs being generally unavailable or bumped in price by the few places that held them back is contributing to that too.

- OS

No thanks to Hillary Clinton and the anti's. :shake: 

21 hours ago, JohnC said:

No thanks to Hillary Clinton and the anti's. :shake: 

This is true.

Lately I have been having a hard time finding 7.62x39 in person, .223 no problem. Just last year I could walk into walmart and get 500 rounds of 7.62 and could hardly find .223. Then just the other day I noticed a guy at the lgs bought an AK lower. I don't know many who build them out. Certainly not like AR's.

Seems as if there is an AK crunch going on right now.